• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Royal babies on the way - Meghan is pregnant! Help!

Sorry for all the questions guys! I've asked a few people already but the more opinions the better :)

I feel like I need to clean the pen. With it being temporary the floor is a fleece blanket and it has some blood on it. With weather like this I want to keep it clean so it doesn't attract any nasties.

So my questions is, am I ok to take mum out of the pen so that I can change the blanket and have a general tidy up? And if so, should I pop the nesting box next to her so she knows they're safe?

Xxx

Your video :love: I can see this being one of those RU as a collective falls for your bunnies (& their situation) in a big way. I hope you can share their journey. Can you lead mum out with a food treat in to another area without touching her? I really have no idea but I can understand you wanting a clean up. How big is their shared space? How is Meg when you change her hay, water, litter tray. Eeek, I don't knowbut I'm excited

BUMP

I managed to clean the pen ok, left the nest alone and I'm feeling better about it all now!

Except for this.... :cry: Look at him :cry: He wants to be with her so badly and it's breaking my heart.

b6ys93.jpg

Your video :love: I can see this being one of those RU as a collective falls for your bunnies (& their situation) in a big way. I hope you can share their journey. Can you lead mum out with a food treat in to another area without touching her? I really have no idea but I can understand you wanting a clean up. How big is their shared space? How is Meg when you change her hay, water, litter tray. Eeek, I don't knowbut I'm excited

BUMP

I managed to clean it ok. At times she is very territorial. She will come up to see me but as soon as I put my hand in to change food/water she will lunge or growl. That is understandable though because she has to learn to trust me. Bless her. This is Megs (and babies) pen :) Not perfect but hopefully better than before!

2d1sjl5.jpg

Sorry for all the questions guys! I've asked a few people already but the more opinions the better :)

I feel like I need to clean the pen. With it being temporary the floor is a fleece blanket and it has some blood on it. With weather like this I want to keep it clean so it doesn't attract any nasties.

So my questions is, am I ok to take mum out of the pen so that I can change the blanket and have a general tidy up? And if so, should I pop the nesting box next to her so she knows they're safe?

Xxx

It should be ok to remove Mum and you shouldn't need to remove the nest box as well. Hope she doesn't mind.

I managed to clean the pen ok, left the nest alone and I'm feeling better about it all now!

Except for this.... :cry: Look at him :cry: He wants to be with her so badly and it's breaking my heart.

b6ys93.jpg

What a great photo, I can guess why he wants to be with her!
Hopefully he will still want to be with her once he has had the chop

I'm just a little worried about the pink one. Seems skinmier but I'm guessing their weight may fluctuate a little throughout the day? All nice and warm etc.

I feel so overwhelmed. Why anyone would choose to breed I'll never know. It's so stressful and tiring. I keep crying :lol::lol::lol:

I feel so overwhelmed. Why anyone would choose to breed I'll never know. It's so stressful and tiring. I keep crying :lol::lol::lol:

Because you care a lot :love:

Many people don't value life as some of us others do. Perhaps that's why it's easier for them and not us.
What do I know?

I felt like that when I fostered Hannah, a pregnant hamster, for ARC. I had no experience of newborn hamsters at all and was terrified of doing something horribly wrong. I don't regret it though. It was also an awesome experience and I still see some of the 'baby' hammies as friends of mine adopted them.

Back