• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roxy

HMacU2

Warren Scout
It's been a week since I had t make the decision to have my Roxy put to sleep.

It was the most peaceful experience, made all the better by having a vet that we both knew so well being there for us.

I had my beloved Roxy for 10years and I couldn't possibly change any of it. He was a part wildie, yet the tamest and most affectionate boy. He suffered arthritis which was controlled by a concoction of meds (which he loved!) and recovered from EC like a trooper. In the end bloods showed kidney failure and I decided that daily fluids wouldn't be fair for him and he was unlikely to make much improvement and so he went peacefully to sleep. I would much rather have made the decision a couple weeks too soon than a day too late.

I'll miss my precious bun <3

It's been a week since I had t make the decision to have my Roxy put to sleep.

It was the most peaceful experience, made all the better by having a vet that we both knew so well being there for us.

I had my beloved Roxy for 10years and I couldn't possibly change any of it. He was a part wildie, yet the tamest and most affectionate boy. He suffered arthritis which was controlled by a concoction of meds (which he loved!) and recovered from EC like a trooper. In the end bloods showed kidney failure and I decided that daily fluids wouldn't be fair for him and he was unlikely to make much improvement and so he went peacefully to sleep. I would much rather have made the decision a couple weeks too soon than a day too late.

I'll miss my precious bun <3

Bless you HMac. Thank you for posting.

Run free beautiful Roxy :love:

I am so sorry that you lost Roxy :cry: I am pleased that you have a sympathetic and caring vet.

Very sorry for your loss. You did the kindest thing for Roxy by preventing pain and distress. I know it is never an easy decision. Hugs xxx

Back