• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosie is poorly - U/D she's home! And we have poo!!

awww brilliant! I'm so happy for you all. Glad Rosie is feeling better and pooping like a trooper.
:no: naughty Rosie for upsetting mummy but :wave: :D :wave: :wave: :D glad you are better.

xxx

:wave: good girlie rosie.....poop and poop and poop like youve never pooped before!!

the fibreplex is wonderful stuff for gettint the poo flowing..just ask Bif:lol:

im sooo happy for you for you both.....so pleased to read this.
nosey rubs and tummy rubs for more poo..like rubbing a magic lamp and waiting for the genie but in this case waiting for more of those magic poos:lol:

So glad Rosie is pooing. It must be such a relief. Hope she carries on eating and pooing. :lol:

Do you think it was the plaintain you gave her? I bought some last week from The Hay Experts and was going to start slowly introducing it to Bella - Tarquin will have to wait a while for stuff like that as I'm just starting to give him a bit of veg. Now I'm wondering whether I should - what do you think?

Rebec :)

So glad Rosie is pooing. It must be such a relief. Hope she carries on eating and pooing. :lol:

Do you think it was the plaintain you gave her? I bought some last week from The Hay Experts and was going to start slowly introducing it to Bella - Tarquin will have to wait a while for stuff like that as I'm just starting to give him a bit of veg. Now I'm wondering whether I should - what do you think?

Rebec :)

Hi Rebec :wave:

Sorry if I've worried you about the plaintain :oops: We really have no idea what has caused Rosie's stasis. The only thing we did differently was give her a little of the dried plaintain which was new to her - it was only about 3 flakes though, so I doubt if it was that, really :?

I'm sure loads of people use plaintain - it is fine for bunnies after all - so if you plan to introduce it, I'd just do it a tiny piece at a time, as you would any new food :)

Good luck and thanks very much for your good wishes :D

They're such a worry aren't they? I got some pineapple chunks (for animals) that I'm using to "encourage" :? Bella to come when called, with the hope that when she starts trying to eat the door or other things I'd rather she didn't, that when I call she'll know what she gets when she comes - I'm not giving it to her at any other time and they're only very small pieces. But the other day I called her and she was so keen that she came racing over and before I could stop her she'd stuck her head in the tub and grabbed a mouthful. I spent the rest of the evening worrying what it would do to her and got up yesterday morning and was anxious until I saw she was fine, though she'd not done so many poos in the night as normal so of course that worried me. I shouldn't have worried - she saved them all up for when she came out of the cage and by the time she went to bed there were hundreds of them - luckily she's litter trained so it's not like I was wandering round the house picking them up! :shock:

We wouldn't be without them though would we? :lol:

So glad Rosie is better. :)

Rebec

Phew for the poo, I'm so glad she's better, and I hope you had a stiff drink to celebrate. Please ask her not to do that to us all again, it was very stressful :)

Thanks so much everyone for your kind words, they've meant such a lot :D

So so so glad she is better. Is that her back to normal now Helen?

F x

Yes, she's pretty much back to normal today, thank goodness. She was eating hay and pooing yesterday but was very tired. Today she's devouring her pellets and hay and is much more bouncy. She wanting lots of cuddles too, which are, of course, being provided :D :D

Aww... I want Rosie. She sounds lovely. :)

:lol: :lol:

She is VERY cuddly, but only down on the floor - she hates being lifted. I've got a cushion I put into her pen to kneel on when I'm coming in to cuddle her, and as soon as I put the cushion in, she runs over and starts licking it furiously! :lol:

Back