• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RIP Larry the spider

TD86

Alpha Buck
You took good care of the girls by eating the flies attempting to get in the hutch and now you're not there. I'm guessing you've been eaten by one of your kids who will now become the main spider and I shall call him/her Harry.

Well done Larry - good job and sleep tight.

You took good care of the girls by eating the flies attempting to get in the hutch and now you're not there. I'm guessing you've been eaten by one of your kids who will now become the main spider and I shall call him/her Harry.

Aww! Rip Larry!

My friend has a spider called Incy Wincy

Aww! Rip Larry!

My friend has a spider called Incy Wincy

That is so cute! As much as I don't really like spiders, I leave them be as they're good for my girl and I name them when they come and go. I miss Larry :(

Aww poor Larry:(I found a spider floating in my bath water the other night.I fished it out and put it on the side to dry but thought it was dead.Two hours later I found it on the wall!The next day it was in another spiders web:(

Last year I had a spider living on my wing mirror of my car.He was there for ages and travelled many miles with me. I called him Sid.:)

Last edited:
Aww poor Larry:(I found a spider floating in my bath water the other night.I fished it out and put it on the side to dry but thought it was dead.Two hours later I found it on the wall!The next day it was in another spiders web:(

Last year I had a spider living on my wing mirror of my car.He was there for ages and travelled many miles with me. I called him Sid.:)

I have a spider on my wing mirror she has built her web so well but she hasn't attached it to the window so I can open the passenger window without breaking the web.

Ludicrously massive Window Box Spider has gone into hibernation because she's not been about for a while. There's a different one hibernating in my wheelie bin...! I'm awaiting ludicrously massive babies in March!

Horrible ungrateful children eating their father.:shock:

I had 8 daddy long legs living in the back room but no evidence they caught any flies. Got OH to evict them but two ran back in.:roll:, three returned altogether. :lol:

Hopefully Larry has simply moved on.

I had 8 daddy long legs living in the back room but no evidence they caught any flies. Got OH to evict them but two ran back in.:roll:, three returned altogether.
They tend to eat other spiders! One of the massive ones in my bathroom caught a massive house spider, poor Fred... Daddylonglegs (we call them harvestmen) don't get names :evil: They get evicted when I can be bothered, or hoovered if they're small/awkward/I ever get the hoover out. I know, cruel, but there's enough to keep the world's population going in my house!

Also, Window Box Spider is back so it'll be a warmer night tonight! She's still VERY pregnant...

Back