• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

right i think ive found out why?

To be honest, i really feel for Scooter and his welfare.

He's needed to see a vet for weeks, possibly months.

You've been promising vaccinations and neutering for months "oh i get more money at the end of the month i'll get it done then" - but it never materialises.

I totally get that you don't have much money, i so appreciate that, but you have a duty of care to him. You have worries about him.

I'll again post this link in case you didn't read it last time; http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...o-Advocate-for-your-rabbit&highlight=advocate - please advocate for your rabbit.

Scooter can't do it himself. He can't tell you if he has a problem - you've noticed a change. That change could be for many reasons, none of which we can certify as we aren't vets and can't see/examine Scooter. If you notice a change, you go to the vet.

I'm sorry if this offends, but i just can't believe he still hasn't had any of the care he deserves after all the empty promises you've made.

And now you're going on holiday and your mums not going to let him out at all of a dog crate for 5 days? :(

Totally agree with Graham.

To be honest, i really feel for Scooter and his welfare.

He's needed to see a vet for weeks, possibly months.

You've been promising vaccinations and neutering for months "oh i get more money at the end of the month i'll get it done then" - but it never materialises.

I totally get that you don't have much money, i so appreciate that, but you have a duty of care to him. You have worries about him.

I'll again post this link in case you didn't read it last time; http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...o-Advocate-for-your-rabbit&highlight=advocate - please advocate for your rabbit.

Scooter can't do it himself. He can't tell you if he has a problem - you've noticed a change. That change could be for many reasons, none of which we can certify as we aren't vets and can't see/examine Scooter. If you notice a change, you go to the vet.

I'm sorry if this offends, but i just can't believe he still hasn't had any of the care he deserves after all the empty promises you've made.

And now you're going on holiday and your mums not going to let him out at all of a dog crate for 5 days? :(

Agreed. All we hear is empty promises. :(

i didnt promise u lot anything and i dont owe u lot anything either, ive explained time and time again why something cannot be done, cermostances change i cant help it. it sucks when it does okay but i cant help it.

u all seem to think that i neglect him no matter wat i do. its like nothing is good enought for u lot i dont know why i even bother with this website any more. :( most of u seem nice and everything but other people are too judgemental. i know its a forum and it happens but ive been on other forums before and never have a gotten so much grief then i have from this website.

i like coming on here to chat and look at pics and read stories of other peoples bunnies. ive learned so much just be looking at peoples housing. ive stolen a couple of ideas. and drawn them up and planned them. BUT I DONT HAVE ANY MONEY and it does suck really i wud love to get a job and sort everything out with scooter and spoil him but i dont. i support myself basically on 50 pound every 2 weeks no help from anybody not even my own mother. i prefer not to owe people money. scooter is like my own child. i dont treat him like my baby because im not silly like that but if i had a son or daughter and they were acting a bit off i wudnt rush them to the hospital id keep an eye on them and if they got worser then id take them.

scooter has more than wat most rabbits in this world has hes not neglected. he might be a pain some times but hes mine. i wud never do anything to harm him and wudnt see him without either. :(

exactly and im doing the best i can so why doesnt everybody just leave me alone. i know i have a lot of things to get okay constantly reminding me isnt helping its just causing stress. :(

thank u everybody for ur suggestions :)

exactly and im doing the best i can so why doesnt everybody just leave me alone. i know i have a lot of things to get okay constantly reminding me isnt helping its just causing stress. :(

thank u everybody for ur suggestions :)

I think because it seems like you're in a bit of denial about how serious some of these issues are.

Hello :wave:

I think the people responding mean to be helpful, not to cause extra stress for you. Everyone on here love rabbits so much, and I'd say they are worrying about your little man because they care about bunnies. Many of us here on RU have/have had sick bunnies, or worse; bunnies who've passed away. Scooter has only you, and he needs you to do the very best you can. Having any pet is a huge commitment, and because bunnies are so fragile, they need lots of care.

I know that in my area, a 'vet van' stops every few weeks and people bring their pets. I think it's either free, or costs very little. I believe this is organised by the council (I could be wrong). Perhaps go online and check your local council's website ~ they might have something similar?

u think wat u wanna think im done.

im sick of people thinking that im a neglectful pet owner, when im not i try the best with wat i have. i took scooter on instead of letting him go to a sanctuary. i didnt want him to have to spend his life in there. i took him in, i provided him with a home and the things he needed i might not have done it very well but i obviously must have cared enought to have gone through all of it. ive spent quite a lot of money on him making sure hes happy and healthy.

none of u lot know me at all and i think its rather bad that some of u have judge me on just wat ive said on here. i know i dont explain myself very well and i can be a bit blunt in wat i say but i mean well.

Hello :wave:

I think the people responding mean to be helpful, not to cause extra stress for you. Everyone on here love rabbits so much, and I'd say they are worrying about your little man because they care about bunnies. Many of us here on RU have/have had sick bunnies, or worse; bunnies who've passed away. Scooter has only you, and he needs you to do the very best you can. Having any pet is a huge commitment, and because bunnies are so fragile, they need lots of care.

I know that in my area, a 'vet van' stops every few weeks and people bring their pets. I think it's either free, or costs very little. I believe this is organised by the council (I could be wrong). Perhaps go online and check your local council's website ~ they might have something similar?

i know everybody means well. but i do the best for scooter with wat i have.

i have had a look into it and the only thing that i cud find out was the pdsa. :(

u think wat u wanna think im done.

im sick of people thinking that im a neglectful pet owner, when im not i try the best with wat i have. i took scooter on instead of letting him go to a sanctuary. i didnt want him to have to spend his life in there. i took him in, i provided him with a home and the things he needed i might not have done it very well but i obviously must have cared enought to have gone through all of it. ive spent quite a lot of money on him making sure hes happy and healthy.

none of u lot know me at all and i think its rather bad that some of u have judge me on just wat ive said on here. i know i dont explain myself very well and i can be a bit blunt in wat i say but i mean well.

Exactly...none of us know you at all!! All we know is the words you write down.
I (and many other members) have tried to give you advice, time and time again when you ask for it, and it always seems to be in vain. You come back a few weeks later asking the same questions again and again. Can you not understand how grating that is?
Words don't mean action.

You can do what you want....you don't have to listen to anything that is said, but if you ask the questions you do then I'd like to think that you care about the advice that is given, and that you'd like to act on that. ....but you haven't......... How many months have you been saying you're going to get him vaccinated? Excuse me if I find it hard to believe that you listen to anything you ask for help on. You, as his owner, don't have to get him vaccinated, for example. That is your choice completely as it's your risk to take if you decide not to, but if you come on RU and say time and time again that you haven't gotten around to it then you can't get miffed when someone calls you out on it.

Exactly...none of us know you at all!! All we know is the words you write down.
I (and many other members) have tried to give you advice, time and time again when you ask for it, and it always seems to be in vain. You come back a few weeks later asking the same questions again and again. Can you not understand how grating that is?
Words don't mean action.

You can do what you want....you don't have to listen to anything that is said, but if you ask the questions you do then I'd like to think that you care about the advice that is given, and that you'd like to act on that. ....but you haven't......... How many months have you been saying you're going to get him vaccinated? Excuse me if I find it hard to believe that you listen to anything you ask for help on. You, as his owner, don't have to get him vaccinated, for example. That is your choice completely as it's your risk to take if you decide not to, but if you come on RU and say time and time again that you haven't gotten around to it then you can't get miffed when someone calls you out on it.

yea but even when i dont say anything some one asks me and instead of lying i tell the truth. and then it goes into an argument much like this one.

i know its grating but i ask questions some times and i may not even get a straight answer. when i asked a question about weight on here some one said not to change his feed and to just give him less of wat he has and give him more excercise. on reading this i did it immediately. ive given him less food even though i get a dirty look from him and hes out a hell of a lot more because ive managed to rig something up with the stuff i have already. he now has a favorite place to sleep :D

and u know what i panick way to much about his health. i always have i look into things to much when it cud possible and probably is nothing i did it with my hamster all the time as he got older. he died of something that i cudnt help in the end it was genetic. with scooter hes never been ill at all and i guess i feel that my luck or his luck will run out and it scares me okay i dont wanna lose him. its been nice having him in my room and to have some company okay he might not talk but still. :)

This isnt an argument its people stating facts.

Unfortunately ive read it all before.

Scooters welfare is all we care about.

Im going to bow out of this thread now as i have nothing further constructive to say.

Good luck in whatever you do chose to do.

Back