• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rest pain free at the bridge Jasper, our little soldier xxxx

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
I knew in my heart that when we took Jasper to see Jane today, that our brave little soldier would not be coming home with us. It has been so hard to make the decision to let Jasper go, after he has been a part of our family for so long - but we knew deep down we had to do the kindest thing for him.

After being diagonosed with a tumour in his tummy last November, we are blessed that we have been able to spend another 6 months with him. He came to us 14 years ago - he chose us to live with - we don't know if he was a stray or not, but he turned up one very cold January night when it was snowing. He was or had been somebody's cat, as he'd been neutered & part of his tail was missing. We opened the door - he ran in, got on the spare bed & never left us again - he was determined he was staying put :shock: We feel so privileged that he chose us to live with.

Everyone loved him to bits & my mum always used to say 'I wish he was my cat, as he's wonderful'. I know that my mum will be looking after him for us now & will spoil him at rainbow bridge, just like we did.

Mummy & Daddy are heartbroken Jasper & we will always miss you our special, brave soldier - but we hope you are pain free, reunited with your bunny friends that you loved so much, especially our first housebun Roscoe who loved you very much. Your mate Noah will miss you - who will he now snuggle up to on the bed? Enjoy the sunshine Jasper at rainbow bridge & rest your old bones, just like you used to him the garden, lots of love from Mummy, Daddy, Thomas, William & Phoebe your puddy cat friends & all the bunnies xxxx

Enjoying the garden in your last few days
DSCF3619-1.jpg

Hogging Arthur's bed :roll:
DSCF3604.jpg

Snuggling up to Noah, your best mate :love:
DSCF3301.jpg

Last edited:
What a lovely tribute to a beautiful boy.Your mum will be looking after him now Denise.Sleep tight lovely Jasper xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry Denise. Part of our love for animals is knowing when to let them go, but it's always hearbreaking. :cry::cry:

Sleep tight Jasper. xx

Thank you everyone, we're really grateful for you kind & thoughtful words.

I'm so sorry Denise. Part of our love for animals is knowing when to let them go, but it's always hearbreaking. :cry::cry:

Sleep tight Jasper. xx

That is so, so true Karen - it never gets any easier losing a beloved pet, but we know deep down that he is now pain free & at peace.

The house is going to feel so empty for a long time yet, now our grumpy boy isn't with us :cry:

Back