• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues/Sanctuaries? Adoption Fees.

The adoption fee for Rudy was £55 (does are £65) from Bunny Camp Sanctuary. It's the highest I've seen. They are neutered and have both vaccs.

Thanks- just trying to get a gauge of what i should set my adoption fees. I think though if the fees are too high- i'll end up with buns that just don't get rehomed.

That's good of them doing that with the older buns and poorly ones. What is the most anyone has paid to adopt. Is £65.00 round the top end for adoption fees?

yeah, my local branch are really excellent in every respect. They have slightly higher than average requirements too which is good :)

Have you thought about getting in touch with your local branch and seeing if you could use their vets?
I believe sometimes they will come to an arrangement whereby you pay cost price for anaesthetic, medications, etc. It doesn't cost them anything as they just pay the vet their usual salary and their aim as a charity is to help as many animals as possible so it's not like you're competition. Obviously this depends on the branch but it's worth asking.

I personally think you'd need to be making a significant saving going to a rescue over getting a bun from a free ad and neutering it or people will save themselves the hassles of home checks and do that. So I would say £40 for a buck and £60 for a doe is about maximum

yeah, my local branch are really excellent in every respect. They have slightly higher than average requirements too which is good :)

Have you thought about getting in touch with your local branch and seeing if you could use their vets?
I believe sometimes they will come to an arrangement whereby you pay cost price for anaesthetic, medications, etc. It doesn't cost them anything as they just pay the vet their usual salary and their aim as a charity is to help as many animals as possible so it's not like you're competition. Obviously this depends on the branch but it's worth asking.

I personally think you'd need to be making a significant saving going to a rescue over getting a bun from a free ad and neutering it or people will save themselves the hassles of home checks and do that. So I would say £40 for a buck and £60 for a doe is about maximum

Thanks. I will check out what is available in the local area.

We charge £40 per bunny, they are neutered and vaccinated. Hopefully we will soon be microchipping them too.

Back