• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"rescues" beeder beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so what do you have against people who are members on the tufty forum? who are these people you keep refuring too?????

:( Blimey! - There must definately be a full moon tonight!! - I half read through all these posts on various threads and thought "Forget it" - "Leave them to it" - I think I've well and truely lost the plot regarding what the heck is going on here!!

Personally I just don't feel morally you can put everything in a black and white category.

My heart says that if rabbits need help - a judgement is made by rescues/rehoming/sanctuaries - and if I as a Forum member can offer my help thats brilliant - I'm not that interested in what the history of the bunnies are - but how we can make a difference to their future :!: :!: :!:

There seems so much wasted energy on these threads in being soooo
judgemental of others!! - Its not a perfect world and most good and decent folks on here are just doing what they can to help.

If you take the debate back to its grass routes which was the argument that a rescue/rehoming run was taking place for the Wolverhampton Bunnies simiilar to the the 10 x French Lops - So whats the problem!! - Folks on here are quite capable of making their own minds up as to wether its something they wish to participate in or not -

And yes - you could say that the 10 x French Lop Rescue was a similar senario in terms of the bunnies situation but hey just look what came out of it:-

3 x Bunnies rehomed to Doorkeeper in Redditch
1 x Bunny remained with me in Bromsgrove
2 x Bunnies went to a knowledgeable rescue in Rugby
2 x Bunnies to knowledgeable RSPCA Foster home
The moving of these bunnies made space for other bunnies in distress

I just cannot believe it would have been better to do nothing.

I can only speak for myself but I also feel hurt when Bob implies that folks almost need a stage for gratification for what they do!! - this is simply not the case -

I've done two bunny runs now and the feeling I get as I drive down the road is not one of "when can I post what I'm doing on the Forum" - I get a real buzz in the pit of my stomach to realise that I'm about to make a small difference to an animal in need. And yes its nice to interact with everyone on the Forum and this gives the encouragement to make the long journeys and put in the time to help in the first place.

This Forum has always seemed to be about Teamwork, Caring and making the difference in what ever way we can.

Lets not loose that folks - please.

bunnytales said:
:

This Forum has always seemed to be about Teamwork, Caring and making the difference in what ever way we can.

Lets not loose that folks - please.

Well said Lany, and that is the exact essence of Rabbits United in a nutshell.
Ru is not about making personal attacks on someone else for their individual beliefs, or to score points against one another in arguements. That is about Self, and not about the whole. the whole being the driving force that units us all, our love and compassion for each other and the rabbits (and other creatures) that share our World.

Sometimes it's not what's said, but the "tone of voice". It seems to me, Bob, that you have some interesting points to make, but that they're hidden by your extreme aggression. Put it this way; if you posted in this style on my forums, you'd have been banned long ago. Not because of your views, but because of the way you push them and dismiss anyone who disagrees.

Would it be worth creating another subheading (like rabbit care, general chat etc.) called "intense debates". we have to realise that there are different intellectual levels and that light hearted and intense do not always mix but there is room for both. So for example, if someone wants to deepen the debate, he/she can take the discussion to this section and debate away without causing offense. Just a thought.

The Charter has been clearly breached, so this situation is now being discussed privately in Admininstration with the Forum Owners.
Thank you.

Adele and Tamsin

Adele said:
The Charter has been clearly breached, so this situation is now being discussed privately in Admininstration with the Forum Owners.
Thank you.

Adele and Tamsin

Does this mean that this topic is closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back