• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues and quick bondings...

Its amazing how many people cant be parted from their bunnies for a few days but in all honesty its the over attached owners who cause the most problems....they panic easier as they find normal bonding behaviour distressing and they tend to intefere all the time by stroking, picking up and feeding the rabbits treats.
That would be me then :oops: :oops: :oops: I defintely recognize that behaviour in myself :oops: . When I took Spike to meet Kiki at Arc, that was the quickest bonding ever (20-30 mins) and Spike was a total Mummy's boy and kept trying to cling to me :oops: . Donna felt that it was positive and they came home in the same carrier and have been together ever since. They had a spate of fighting a good month after they'd been together and panicky me stressed over the bond breaking :oops: but as they're both front toothless bunnies, I've surprised myself and left them to sort out their differences as the worse they could do would be to gum each other to death :oops: :oops:

but as they're both front toothless bunnies, I've surprised myself and left them to sort out their differences as the worse they could do would be to gum each other to death :oops: :oops:

I had a clingy bun who kept running to his mum when bonding and climbing onto her lap....the fact she let him just slowed the whole process down so I sent them home whilst I bonded.

Bobby used to try to gum Pippa when I was bonding them.....which was stupid because she had teeth to use back :roll:

I had a clingy bun who kept running to his mum when bonding and climbing onto her lap....the fact she let him just slowed the whole process down so I sent them home whilst I bonded.

Bobby used to try to gum Pippa when I was bonding them.....which was stupid because she had teeth to use back :roll:
Bless :lol: Spike would try and burrow into the crook of my arm.

we do the same ...a bit of both.....
we do prefer slower bondings though ;)

personaly i dont think you always get a true idea of whether it will work or not by just putting them together for a short spell.

I had to leave Bugys for a week and i must admit it was horrible! The lady running the resue did ring me nearly everyday to give me an update. Going away for over two weeks soon don't know how i'm going to cope! (first hoilday since i've had them)

I know that a rescue would be a safe place to leave a bunny, but I wouldn't want to add stress to my bunny by leaving them in a place it didn't know, as well as putting another bunny with it when it hadn't seen one in months/years. I would also worry about illness. Rescues have so many animals, I would worry that they wouldn't pick up on signs of illness, especially as they didn't know the bunnies (I'm not saying they wouldn't notice! Just that I would worry :lol:)
TBH, I did touch my two in the first couple of days of bonding, but no one had told me not to! :roll: I stopped after someone on here (sorry I can't remember who, was in a daze due to lack of sleep :oops:) told me not to. Even if I leave them with my mum if I go away, I demand daily updates. Actually I demanded twice daily but she didn't indulge me on that :oops: :lol:
When rescues bond, do they watch all night? What if the bunnies fought overnight?

I'm hoping to get a friend for my neutered male bun and would love a resuce to help me with the bonding process. I live on the Wirral, near Chester. Does anyone know of anyone who does bonding near me? Thanks!:wave:

does any live in east Yorkshire? i want help with bonding iv tried it myself just isn't working out, i keep having to keep picking one up cause i think it getting bullied there 2 girls what live together already and im trying to add another girl 4 months old little under weight just got her and will be neutered,could anyone offer me some help :D

When i took Domino to meet Pebbles, they were put into a run together for twenty minutes, andthey didnt chase each other they just ignored each other for ten minutes and then she put her head under his and then she groomed him. We took her home and put them both into a new carrier, and i sat with it on my lap with the seatbelt round me and the box, so i could watch what happened. and they snuggled up together and have been loved up ever since! :):love:

Exactly the same as Pippa and MJ - no problems whatsoever. I guess some bondings are just meant to be :D

I agree with Sooz..apart from the buns that tear into each other on first sight:shock: ..most bondings break down due to owners either panicking or interfering with the bunnies..

I'm hoping to get a friend for my neutered male bun and would love a resuce to help me with the bonding process. I live on the Wirral, near Chester. Does anyone know of anyone who does bonding near me? Thanks!:wave:
Have you tried the rspca at Cross lane, Wallasey? If you get a neutered female from them they may well do the bonding for you. They have a lovely 2/3yr old spayed white :love: REX:love: in there at the moment according to their website....

Last edited:
I took my bun to the rescue place and they did the whole process for me. He stayed there for about 4 days until she was sure they had got on. I liked the idea of someone who knew what they were doing bond mine.

When Sophie came to meet Pringle, Kareen brought her here, we put them in a run on the grass and they were fine, they stayed in run most of the day i had cleaned pringles hutch/run out for them to go back in, i then put them in their at night and they have been fine :D xx

I do think it is a big risk as its neutral territory at a rescue, its the most testing time when they are back home, I always worry as soon as I get home the problems will start as they did with Skippy. It is a big risk to take when it is quick bonding but at the same time some buns live together for months then fall out.

TBH I have come to the conclusion bunnies are the worst animals to bond ever :shock: :lol:

That would be me then :oops: :oops: :oops: I defintely recognize that behaviour in myself :oops: . When I took Spike to meet Kiki at Arc, that was the quickest bonding ever (20-30 mins) and Spike was a total Mummy's boy and kept trying to cling to me :oops: . Donna felt that it was positive and they came home in the same carrier and have been together ever since. They had a spate of fighting a good month after they'd been together and panicky me stressed over the bond breaking :oops: but as they're both front toothless bunnies, I've surprised myself and left them to sort out their differences as the worse they could do would be to gum each other to death :oops: :oops:

Gum each other to death thats so funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back