• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Event - Copmanthorpe - Photos p37

Hi :wave:
I am working that day, otherwise i would have popped in. Apparently it is a really poplular event, so hoping you raise lots of money.
I will see if i have any bits to donate, I only live in Haxby so I could easily get them to you :)

Thank you to elis-mum for the box of goodies to sell :D

I would have loved to have come as God Knows we could do with a day out but July is busy for us and
the boarding but so far July 6th is ok but that could all change by tomorrow so I can't promise but if we
don't make it I hope you have a brilliant day and the weather is good for you :thumb:

Thank you, it would be good to see you again :D

Hi :wave:
I am working that day, otherwise i would have popped in. Apparently it is a really poplular event, so hoping you raise lots of money.
I will see if i have any bits to donate, I only live in Haxby so I could easily get them to you :)

That's a shame, it would be good to meet you. I went once a few years ago and it was a pretty good day. Lovely weather (fingers crossed for that!) and a good crowd. Anything would be appreciated, thank you xx

It's tomorrow! :shock: Scary but exciting! :D Thanks to the people who have sent stuff :wave: Hopefully it'll be a great day with lovely weather and we'll raise lots of money!

It's 12 til 6 :wave:

Thank you, sadly I can't make as I live in Scotland but I have added it to the RR rescue events page and on Facebook too. Sorry its last minute, I didn't see this until tonight. I hope you get lots of visitors and donations :wave:

Thank you, sadly I can't make as I live in Scotland but I have added it to the RR rescue events page and on Facebook too. Sorry its last minute, I didn't see this until tonight. I hope you get lots of visitors and donations :wave:

I was just wondering who that was! Thank you xx

We had a great day :D It was hot hot hot! :shock: We raised a total of £25 (would have been more but the stall cost £45 :( ) and hopefully raised awareness of the rescue and rabbit welfare in general :D

Big thank you to RedFraggle for being awesome. I couldn't have worked out the gazebo without her :oops: :lol:

I hope the fundraising is going well :wave:

My Aunty is there singing as she's part of the Military Wives choir :)

She came over and said hello, she was lovely and spoke highly of you :) Didn't hear the choir though. I thought I heard them announcing them, maybe they were really quiet?

Glad you had a good day.

It's such a shame that the cost of the stall has eaten into so much of your takings. :( But so good that you've been able to spread the word about rabbit welfare. :thumb:

It did seem like a lot of money, seems a shame they couldn't have given a discount for charities :( There were empty stalls too, so I guess a lot of people thought it was too much.

Lots of people took leaflets about rabbit care, and we talked to a lot of people who didn't know about the rescue situation. I know of a byb who took some leaflets, so hopefully that will help improve things :thumb:

And I heard about another local event in a couple of weeks that I didn't know about, and that's only a tenner for a stall, so that might turn out better :D

It was the first event I've done of this size, so I've got a better idea now of what to take and what sells for future events :thumb:

You're welcome honey :wave: Really enjoyed it but it was soooooooooo hot, I'd have died without the gazebo. A cool shower and well earned glass of white wine has gone down a treat! Will add my pic later.

WP_000875_zps66c31904.jpg

Another photo of the stall :D

Here's RedFraggle with a fine set of bunny ears. She had a bobtail too...

The signs took me ages, but they look pretty good from a distance :D

We even had bunting :D

You're welcome honey :wave: Really enjoyed it but it was soooooooooo hot, I'd have died without the gazebo. A cool shower and well earned glass of white wine has gone down a treat! Will add my pic later.

I had a shower (didn't hurt the sunburn as much as I thought it would!) and ate pizza in my pyjamas :D

Last edited:
Back