• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Removed wood chippings from litter tray...

Useful thread, this! :wave: At the moment I've compromised by just putting a small amount of shavings in the two corners of his bedroom Spenser pees. I know this is far from ideal, but he only uses the litter tray as a digging box. :roll::roll:He doesn't sleep in the bedroom, so over-exposure to shavings shouldn't become an issue.

:lol::lol:

I can just hear little Biccy: "Butler, fetch me more food & be quick about it!"

YES!!! Hit the nail on the head with that comment!

Except it'd be in a cutesie yet demanding voice:lol:

I think he's bored atm, he keeps rattling the cage and throwing things about...

Graham, I use auboise and agree it could be a good alternative for you. I only pay £9 for a huge bale which lasts me a good month even with daily litter box changes and my huge number of furries.

Although it looks quite sharp http://www.equi-therapy.net/equi-therapy/care/images/aubiose-hemp.jpg its actually very soft to the touch and is much more absorbant than woodshavings. I had a similar prob in that some of my bunnies tried to eat Megazorb but the bunnies are absolutely fine on this.

Graham, I use auboise and agree it could be a good alternative for you. I only pay £9 for a huge bale which lasts me a good month even with daily litter box changes and my huge number of furries.

Although it looks quite sharp http://www.equi-therapy.net/equi-therapy/care/images/aubiose-hemp.jpg its actually very soft to the touch and is much more absorbant than woodshavings. I had a similar prob in that some of my bunnies tried to eat Megazorb but the bunnies are absolutely fine on this.

Thanks Amy :)

without googling it, could you tell me wheres best to purchase it? And can i get it any smaller than a 'bale' as i have 0 space to store anything like that unfortunately:?

My local pet shop order it in for me buy the bale but sell small bags instore. A horse shop is most likely to sell it but that would probably only be in big bales. If you struggle to store it you could try Aspen, its very similar and very popular with reptile keepers so your probably more likely to see it in a pet shop.

Back