• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really important quick advice..Photo added

Quit that right now. You are a very good bunny mummy, Feegal is just ill, and you are doing the very best you can for him. You're just having a little confidence crash because it's all come on at once. As for the teeth check, myxi jabs, they only last minutes and I bet he got treats afterwards. ;) Most bunnies go through illness at some point, the fact that you give him love and care through it instead of giving up is what makes you a good bunny mummy.

To look at it from Feegal's perspective - I'm constantly ill and my partner is the one who forces me to hospital appointments, makes me get out of bed, eat when I don't want to, nag me to take my meds and so on. At the time I'm a grumpy bun because it doesn't make me feel good but afterwards I'm incredibly grateful to him especially when the pain has dulled because of it. I'm sure Feegal feels the same way. :)

Lots of vibes and nose-rubs to Feegal and Tulip. :love:

I hope Feegal is as understanding as you are:love: Thank you:)

I gave metoclop, metacam and zantac orally, and syringe fed her. I also (with the help of my mum) gave Mae sub - q fliuds. :wave:

So you can give them orally too? Can they be stored for when you need them? Think this is the route I will need to take next time Feegal goes to the vet.

All his little problems are getting much worse as he gets older. He is only three and a half:(

So you can give them orally too? Can they be stored for when you need them? Think this is the route I will need to take next time Feegal goes to the vet.

All his little problems are getting much worse as he gets older. He is only three and a half:(

I gave Twinkle metoclop, metacam and zantac orally when she was ill. She was on this regime for a few weeks, gradually tapering off.

I hope your poorly bunnies feel better soon x

I gave Twinkle metoclop, metacam and zantac orally when she was ill. She was on this regime for a few weeks, gradually tapering off.

I hope your poorly bunnies feel better soon x

Did Mark prescribe it for you? Hope Twinkle is getting on all right with her new diet.

Thank you:wave:

Sorry just seen this, but sending recovery vibes now. :wave: Rabbits are such delicate creatures. I know two bunnies locally who get nothing like the attention I lavish on Spenser, but he was the one who ended up having emergency vet treatment for stasis. :roll: It's not your fault at all, as others have said. :)

Sorry just seen this, but sending recovery vibes now. :wave: Rabbits are such delicate creatures. I know two bunnies locally who get nothing like the attention I lavish on Spenser, but he was the one who ended up having emergency vet treatment for stasis. :roll: It's not your fault at all, as others have said. :)

Thank you:) It is utterly baffling that the more care you show the more delicate they get:?

I do love them all, probably too much:oops: I just feel complete panic when they are ill:(

Yes :wave: I know the metacam can be stored for 6 months I think it is :? I have a couple of dose's left just incase (of metaclop and zantac) but will phone the vets if I need to use them. Buns can also be on metaclop indeffinatly, this was something that was going to happen if Mae went backwards when I took her off the meds :)

Poor little man :( *nose rubs from me*

Yes :wave: I know the metacam can be stored for 6 months I think it is :? I have a couple of dose's left just incase (of metaclop and zantac) but will phone the vets if I need to use them. Buns can also be on metaclop indeffinatly, this was something that was going to happen if Mae went backwards when I took her off the meds :)

Poor little man :( *nose rubs from me*

Thank you:wave: I hope Mae continues to not need them:)

Right I tried to post to this earlier but then RU went completely wobbly and wouldn't let me open any pages.

Metaclop, Zantac and Metacam are what Mark gave Smudge when he went into stasis. Smudge had an injection of Metaclop and Metacam and then we had Zantac for a few days and oral Metacam for a week.

I know, RU vanished:shock::lol: Thanks, I am going to stick this in favorites now. I just wish Mark was on 24hr calls, and then I wouldn't need to panic:(

The emergency vet wanted to keep Feegal in next to a very noisy dog:?

Which emergency vet do you use?

I know, RU vanished:shock::lol: Thanks, I am going to stick this in favorites now. I just wish Mark was on 24hr calls, and then I wouldn't need to panic:(

The emergency vet wanted to keep Feegal in next to a very noisy dog:?

Which emergency vet do you use?

I've never actually been to emergency :oops: The closest we've got to out of hours was when Mischa was ill and that was Sunday morning. That was when we used the old vets and they were open on Sunday mornings. And when Nutmeg got injured, (Saturday night) as she was eating I phoned the emergency and they agreed with me that it would maybe best to wait a few hours and take her to Trinity Sunday morning where we saw a locum who was really good. Really handled her well.

Back