• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

READI GRASS - Thoughts and reviews please?

My gang love it, but I'm not giving it to them any more purely because Jacquetta got a piece stuck in her gum & it was painful for her so she stopped eating & caused me to panicked & rush her to the vets when we found it.

They also like the excel herb age stuff and it gives them glorious golden poo :love: (please don't think I'm odd for getting so excited over poo!) but it only comes in 1kg bags & I have six bunnies so it's quite expensive so they only get it as an occasional treat.

That was something called 'graze on', not readigrass, that I gave you that Jaquetta got stuck in her gum :cry: I would not recommend 'graze on' for bunnies, as we discovered it is quite a lot harder and coarser and almost sharp, I've always found readigrass much softer.

All my buns love it but I had to stop feeding it as my it gave Oliver sludgey urine. He is on a low calcium diet for sludge and i thought this would be ok but apparently not. Happens every time he eats it. No problem for my other two.

I used to feed a lot of readigrass, but the Frenchies have been having really strange poos for a while, kind of dark, sometimes oddly shapen, squishy (as in usually they crumble when you squish them, these didn't, they sort of just squished shape) and wet on the outside. I finally worked out it was the readigrass that caused them, and removing it from their diet has completely solved the issue.

So I don't feed it much anymore, I don't trust it after the effect it had on their poos. I've recently just been feeding two types of hay instead of hay + readigrass. Plus they get free range grass time at least twice a week. At the moment I've discovered these compressed timothy hay bricks and they are fabulous!

http://www.equi-box.co.uk/shop/details/1315/79/horse-feed/simple-system/simple-systems-meadow-brix

haven't got any at the moment but when I have it, I give them normal hay with a handful of readigrass sprinkled in for variety.

Mine have Graze On which is a similar products just a different company, they absolutely love the stuff, it comes in massive compressed bales and is fairly cheap, they still have plenty hay to eat as well

I buy mine from a local horse feed merchants, is there anything like that near you?

Mine are enjoying it at the moment as we got some for the bunny we looked after when his owners were on holiday and he didn't eat it. So they're having a handful a day to give them extra energy for the winter.
They're enjoying it a lot and don't seem to be getting upset tummies from it - they live on grass though so are probably more used to the richness than bunnies who mainly eat hay??

My two get a big handful mixed in with their hay, morning and night,,, it encourages them to dig and if they miss the grass, theirs still lots of hay to nibble on while they forage..

Fee x

The hay experts sell it and you can also buy it on amazon. If you want to buy it from a local shop, Pampurred Pets sell it.

Brilliant, thanks.

Got some from the hay experts and have since realised that it is better value in 15kg bags from amazon. Its gorgeous stuff! (Smells good and the wabbits and whistlingtons love it)!

Last edited:
Back