• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re; Taking a break

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
It is with much sadness but a great deal of thought, that I have decided to take a break from the forum and activity for a while. It is not a decision I've taken lightly but perhaps one I need to take because I am just not in a very good place right now. I have always been honest and candid with my views and observations and always always put the needs of my rabbits before my own regardless of that cost to me. I love rabbits dearly, as I do all animals and I try to do what is best but this is not always good enough.
In truth, I have never gotten over the sudden and tragic loss of Leo from our family. It robbed us all of a truly unique and amazing special rabbit and despite intense efforts from the professionals, it simply wasn't enough. I feel an enormous depth of guilt for how all that occured and I have not been able to find a coping strategy to deal with his loss, on top of the loss of Lillian and more recently, not being able to facilitate what I feel would be a safe bond with Flo and Peanut, even though my decision on that was taken as some may feel, rather quickly.
The safety of rabbits is my absolute priority and always will be and it was not a decision I took without much thought not only to my position as carer, but to Peanuts parents who are so lovely and wonderful, that they and Peanut deserved better from me. Peanut will be returning back home to his family next week - and that is Peanuts home and he will be absolutely happy and safe and his life will be filled with the most amazing love from fantastic bun-parents.
For me, I need to try and find a way to move on because I am not well. How I make myself better in the current climate I simply do not know because the help I need is not available out there due to the present situation (unless you are a certain ex-health minister in which case the rules you make for everyone else do not apply to you).
I am not sure when I will come back onto the forum but I am and always will be grateful for everyones help and advice and support.
Craig x

Big hugs, you do what's right for you, look after yourself Craig, I will be thinking of you xxxx

Act whatever you need right now, whatever you feel will be good for you. Craig, as I said before, you have a very special soul and heart. I hope everything will be as beautiful as the beauty of your soul and heart. Take care of yourself.

Take care of yourself, Craig. You’ve had a tough few years with regards to rabbits and it’s very clear you put them before yourself at all times. Wishing you the best xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah Craig, well done for taking care of your self. Your posts are always so eloquent and your love for rabbits shines out. Very best wishes.

I understand your need to step back, Craig. There's so much going on for you. Know that we'll be thinking of you and hoping things will improve for you as soon as possible. You will be missed here, you are a vital part of our community. There will always be a place for you here. Take care. xx

Bunnies are stressful under ordinary circumstances, and your recent losses were far beyond ordinary.
Leo was truly an amazing special bunny and even across an ocean I feel his absence.
I understand your decision and support you 100%
Thank you for sharing the best times, so we too could share your joy;and your worst ones to, so we could share your burden and know what a caring, amazing person you are .

i am so sorry you are struggling with things Craig. Please bear in mind that you have many friends here who will miss you greatly.
If you ever feel like you need a break then my house is open to you and your family, Flo included of course.
Easier said than done but please try and take care of yourself xxx

i am so sorry you are struggling with things Craig. Please bear in mind that you have many friends here who will miss you greatly.
If you ever feel like you need a break then my house is open to you and your family, Flo included of course.
Easier said than done but please try and take care of yourself xxx

What a lovely offer :love:

100% feel you Craig if I where you I would accidentally slip Flo in peanuts carrier then skidaddle off to the Bahamas. Thinking of you Craig please take care xx

100% feel you Craig if I where you I would accidentally slip Flo in peanuts carrier then skidaddle off to the Bahamas. Thinking of you Craig please take care xx

Actually this is not a bad idea as they would almost certainly bond at Peanut's home.

Back