• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rainbow Rabbits are Shutting its Doors

I am so sorry to hear this :( it is completely understandable though and I have found in re enter years rabbit care for many rabbits takes an emotional and mental toll at times and that is just the healthy ones. I hope you feel better soon xx

Bless you both for all the work you done with your special rabbits. They were all happy in the end because of your love and care. I was always moved to tears when I heard how you cared for Otis, 100% love and devotion, he will always have known you loved him and helped him even as he left for the bridge.

That said your still humans and like you say only having poorly rabbits who are end of life is going to take its toll emotionally. A hospice has shifts, many nurses and counsellors to help with the grieving process and they don't see the patients as family. Nobody can live in a constant state of grief.

Be kind to yourselves and never under estimate the wonderful work you did and are doing for your remaining rabbits x

I am having some anxiety issues myself at present and feeling utterly overwhelmed by the needs of my (young healthy) rabbits so I can completely understand.

So glad you are able to take to your bed even though it must feel rather drastic.

Hope your gradual winding down of RR is smooth and ultimately relaxing for all concerned. Well done making this caring and nourishing decision.

Back