• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rainbow Rabbits are Shutting its Doors

I can understand how difficult a decision this must have been for you and Steve, Liz. And like newbabybuns, although I have only a few bunnies to care for, that is enough to have me pretty well beat down most days. I can't imagine having done as much as you have.
It's a well deserved rest you have earned and all those rabbits were and are so blessed to have you caring for them. I hope the transition will not be too difficult and that those young and healthy bunnies you are hoping for will find you eventually. :love: :)
((((((((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))))))) xxxxxxx

You have helped so many bunnies with RR. I am sure that they all appreciate your help, and I am sure that everyone that matters will understand your decision. :)

I have just caught up with this, just wanted to say thank you to you for all the work you've done for those rabbits. You deserve a break and to have all those things that you wants. Bravo Rainbow Rabbits. xxx

:love: I admire all the hard work you have done, through the tough times and sickness, I can understand how exhausting it can be and how immensely depressing it has been to lose your special friends.

If you can't live yourself, you can't give life a chance. Doesn't make the decision any easier I expect, but best wishes with the recovery and good luck :)

Thanks everyone :)

I am sure we will always have bunnies one way or another. In my head I have plans for a huge aviary in a space where we currently have three. Hopefully one day it will become a reality!

Until then I am concentrating on bunny treat making to keep my mind from wandering to the heartbreak of losing Otis :(

I just wanted to say kudos for all the hard work you have put in over the years. I'm sure you've made a massive difference to so many lives.

I've only had a snapshot of what it's like to look after a retirement bunny with Archimedes, and he broke me. I can't imagine going through that 200 times over. You have my unending respect. All the best wishes for the future too - enjoy your break and the bunnies. You deserve it.

I'm so very sorry to hear this Liz but I can understand completely as we struggle with huge vet's bills as we have a lot of dental and some special needs bunnies, we have lost 5 females in 5 months and two of them were my old girls who moved here to Yorkshire with me. We also have not had a holiday since we went to Bulgaria in 1992 we rarely get a day out together nowadays plus we work long hours 7 days a week. So I understand and although it's very sad news I wish you all the Best for the future xxxx

I completely understand and fully support your decision. Taking care of just one terminally ill bunny at a time is soul destroying and emotionally draining ao it is completely understandable that you need a normal life back...you have earned it.. we will continue to support you in all that you do xx

Thank you so much, you are all being very kind :love:

I have pushed myself as far as I can go and now I've crumbled :( I need to step away from all things rescue for awhile ( except of course our current bunnies) and focus a bit more on myself for as long as it takes to 'heal' again x

Well this decision didn't come soon enough. I've been ill in bed for four days now :( I think it's just stress and exhaustion but I am so weak I can barely do anything. It's the longest I've been stuck in bed for the eight years we've been running.

Really hope I feel better soon as poor Steve is running around after the rabbits, doing the shopping and housework, while working and doing overtime.

Well this decision didn't come soon enough. I've been ill in bed for four days now :( I think it's just stress and exhaustion but I am so weak I can barely do anything. It's the longest I've been stuck in bed for the eight years we've been running.

Really hope I feel better soon as poor Steve is running around after the rabbits, doing the shopping and housework, while working and doing overtime.

Likely to be sheer exhaustion. Your body has said 'enough is enough'. You have done enough x

Back