• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits in need

There are worse hutches. Getting their health back is the priority - when they are a better weight they will cope with a house-move no problem - esp if you can give them some free-range time in the meantime. How big is the hutch?

my partner measured it and its 4 x 2 , they started eating as soon as i put them in hutch

phew

probably it is their familiar territory, and they feel safer and happier there, hence the eating. If you can keep them in it safely, that may be their best hope of reaching decent weights asap. Good luck with it all. Keep posting.

:shock: Poor little souls! Thank goodness you got them out!

I agree with Mischief and Tinker's mum, both look like English. I love English buns too, they're so loving, and it's breaking my heart to see those 2 so unloved :cry:.

What are your plans for them?

:shock: Poor little souls! Thank goodness you got them out!

I agree with Mischief and Tinker's mum, both look like English. I love English buns too, they're so loving, and it's breaking my heart to see those 2 so unloved :cry:.

What are your plans for them?

i spoke to few local rescues as i cant keep them but could not leave them in state they was, and i know there are waiting lists so i will keep them until they can be taken to proper home, i am going to get them checked over to to make sure they are ok

well done!

I know there are so many bunnies needing help but you have certainly helped these two.

Do you know the story of the old man on the beach full of star fish drying out and dying in the sun?

A young man stands at the top of a beach early one morning watching as an old man on a walking stick struggles to bend down and pick up one of the many star fish scattered across the beach drying out and therefore dying in the sun.

The old man struggles to bend down, picks up a star fish and carries it back to the water's edge and gently puts it back in the sea before going back up the beach and picking up another and doing the same thing with a struggle all over again.

The young man watches this for a while but makes no attempt to help. Eventually he calls out to the old man "old man, why are you bothering to do that? What difference will it make? The sun is coming up and soon they will dry out and die. You will never save all of them!"

The old man didn't stop to look at the young man but answered as he bent down at the water's edge and said "maybe I won't save all of them - but I made a difference to that one" and then gently again put another star fish back in to the sea.

The point I am making is we can't save all the little buns and other needy animals we see but we can make a difference to a few and you have made that difference to these two - well done you and good luck little buns!

Best wishes

Ruth xx :wave:

thank you, i just hope they will b ok now and get the happy lives they deserve no animal deserve that way of life

i spoke to few local rescues as i cant keep them but could not leave them in state they was, and i know there are waiting lists so i will keep them until they can be taken to proper home, i am going to get them checked over to to make sure they are ok

:wave: Keep us posted with how they are doing.

They must have lived in constant fear too, if there was a dog doing that to their hutch and water bottles :cry:

I know there are so many bunnies needing help but you have certainly helped these two.

Do you know the story of the old man on the beach full of star fish drying out and dying in the sun?

A young man stands at the top of a beach early one morning watching as an old man on a walking stick struggles to bend down and pick up one of the many star fish scattered across the beach drying out and therefore dying in the sun.

The old man struggles to bend down, picks up a star fish and carries it back to the water's edge and gently puts it back in the sea before going back up the beach and picking up another and doing the same thing with a struggle all over again.

The young man watches this for a while but makes no attempt to help. Eventually he calls out to the old man "old man, why are you bothering to do that? What difference will it make? The sun is coming up and soon they will dry out and die. You will never save all of them!"

The old man didn't stop to look at the young man but answered as he bent down at the water's edge and said "maybe I won't save all of them - but I made a difference to that one" and then gently again put another star fish back in to the sea.

The point I am making is we can't save all the little buns and other needy animals we see but we can make a difference to a few and you have made that difference to these two - well done you and good luck little buns!

Best wishes

Ruth xx :wave:

I know of that story and I love it. :) I know I helped all 4 of my bunnies. Mischief and Tink would have gone to a pet shop and could have been sold to anyone so I feel I helped them. Jasper was a pet shop bunny (naughty I know) but I feel I certainly made a difference to his lonely life. :) No one wanted him because he was one of the older buns. He was kept in a tiny hutch and was all alone. When I saw him, he was so friendly towards me, standing up and licking my fingers. :love: How could I resist? :(
Blossom, I rescued from my aunty who neglected her, if I didn't find out about her, she would have certainly died soon. She was so thin and my aunty told me she was trying to kill off the nasty little thing. :shock: :cry: She's ever so friendly. Some people are so cruel. Some people may not agree with where I got my rabbits from because I didn't go to a rescue but I love them and wouldn't change them for the world. I know I rescued them and I dread to think what could have happened to them. :cry:

I'm glad these 2 have been rescued too. :love:

Last edited:
They're so thin!!! Poor bubbas!!

I do feel for the dogs though, I can imagine the fresh bunny smell was driving them nuts poor things:shock:

What happened to the piggie?

I'm sure with your TLC these buns will be a lovely size soon and make someone beautiful pets. Well done for saving them!!

:love:

They're so thin!!! Poor bubbas!!

I do feel for the dogs though, I can imagine the fresh bunny smell was driving them nuts poor things:shock:

What happened to the piggie?

I'm sure with your TLC these buns will be a lovely size soon and make someone beautiful pets. Well done for saving them!!

:love:

The guinea pig was left there in small cage he wasn't being rehomed but she wanted rid of rabbits as she put it, as she had too many animals

Poor things, big well done for getting them out and I imagine they can't believe their luck at being taken away from there.:cry:

Back