• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits behaving different

amylee2794

New Kit
Hi All :)

I hope someone can help and advise me, I have two lovely mini lop boys both was neutered back in November which went really well and they have a great bond together!
With all this terrible weather we've had our grass has become a boggy muddy mess leading to us having to move the boys hutch with an attached run on to our slabbing area, this was done over 2 months ago and they have been happy and fine there and I've been bringing them in the house as much as possible for them to get exercise and to run around - there hutch it big enough for them to run around but it's nice for them to have a free run around for a while. Anyway, for the pass few days both our boys really haven't been excited to see me or my partner at all, usually when we feed them they hoping and around and nudging at the door until we have put the nuggets or veg in, now they just don't seem at all bothered by the food!

They are eating it because i walk away and go back and check and the food is all gone, it seems they are having abit of strop with us hahaha!

Do you guys have any advice?

Is hay and water intake the same? And are they still moving about in the house?

Can sometimes be something silly - have you changed perfume at all?

Could any cats/foxes be getting in the garden and stressing them out?

Lots of things can affect excitement about food. It can be a sign we're giving too much pellets, or for our buns, because we feed them earlier than they're used to, or they're stressed about something (I.e. loud wind, perfume changes). It can be a sign of illness too, so if you can't rule out little things, maybe see your vet.

Yes, they are still moving around there hutch and eating hay they just aren't that excited about there pellets anymore! (this sounds so silly lol!)

Last week we did have a really bad storm (Doris) and it was extremly windy! That may have scared them, I'll keep an eye on them over the next few days and make sure they both eating! Just makes me sad, they usually have such lovely personalities! Hoping the grass will be abit dryer this weekend so they can have a run around outside rather than in the house!

We had Doris too, and for a few days, our nervous bun wouldn't come over while we were standing next to the bowl. He is better now though.

I had wondered if he was in a bit of pain (nails needed clipping), that could maybe be an issue with yours too.

Back