• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded trio started fighting

MissMinnie

Mama Doe
I've done well over 10 male/female bonds and this year finally built up the nerve to bond a trio....existing male/female pair and a single lionhead male neutered in Jan 23. I did some preparation as in side by side time on the lawn and did the bond during may half term. Started with a small area, plenty of hay etc and they were pretty straightforward. Within two weeks they had moved into the playhouse enclosure and have been a absolute dream ever since. However yesterday something set the boys off and fhey started fighing. Thank goodness we were at home. I separated the original pair by putting them in the playhouse. We were out all day at a funeral and when i got home I let them all out but could see they were going to start again. Sadly Ive had to separate them and the single is back in the house with us. Unfortunately we go away this weekend on holiday so can't really start any re bond until we get back...
But I am now thinking that if they have done this once they could so it again and dread to think if I hadn't been at home.

Sadly we can't always get the Bunnies to do what we want them to do but, as you say, it was fortunate that you were on hand to save them from having an accident. Personally I wouldn't try again as it will be too upsetting for your bonded pair.

Back