• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit with 3rd eye

Hi there

the third eyelid is a nictitating membrane, used to protect the eye and keep it moist. Often it blinks so rapidly you don't see it,but in this case the nictitating membrane is visile all the time ,so no it does not mean it as 3 eyes,hope this answers you queation.
jane.

That's what I thought it meant. :thumb: I'm so glad it's not a real 3rd eye. :lol:

I'm not 100% sure but it's probably just a 'cosmetic' problem, hence why they are selling as a pet only, not to be bred from. Very cute bunny though, although I'll probably get shot for admitting it. :love: :lol:

That's what I thought it meant. :thumb: I'm so glad it's not a real 3rd eye. :lol:

I'm not 100% sure but it's probably just a 'cosmetic' problem, hence why they are selling as a pet only, not to be bred from. Very cute bunny though, although I'll probably get shot for admitting it. :love: :lol:

shes free :shock: after what iv read from chocolate french i wouldnt be surprised if somebody gets her for breeding.id have her as pet but my next bun is a rescue.if i ever get one :lol:

id be very worried about the breeding lines it it did have 3 eyes :roll:

shes free :shock: after what iv read from chocolate french i wouldnt be surprised if somebody gets her for breeding.id have her as pet but my next bun is a rescue.if i ever get one :lol:
if she is a good breeder im sure she will make sure she goes to a good home but your right chocolate frenchies are much wanted so im hoping she goes to the right home and is spayed
personally if it was me wont be going anywhere :love:

Sorry, yes, you're right - she's free. :shock: I was so busy looking for the third eye, I didn't read the ad properly. :oops:

squeeee shes so cute!!

i cant imagine my beloved bertie being that small..i dopted him when he was about 18months old/2 yrs old.

hes a rew frenchie and often has a similar prob with his eyes but i thibk its cos hes a rew.

i do recall on another forum a long while back now..a lady got a conti doe cheaper as she had one ye that was smaller than the other one and a bit like the description of this buns eye.

she was adorable....but if theyre not being used for breeding then it should only be a case of the odd bottle of eye drops in dusty dry weather...hopefully.
frenchies had odd looking eyes anyway..theyre very small with a quite pronounced third eyelid/membrane.....it makes their eyes look really small and odd sometimes in comparison to a smaller breed bunny.

frenchies are :love::love:

Back