• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Waste is not garden Waste apparanetly

My council isn't meant to collect it (I asked on an online chat with the waste officer) but the binmen collect it anyway. I try to make sure the poo is shaken down, so it doesn't show at the top of the green bag, then I chuck a few weeds on top.

I manage to put most of the newspapers in the recycling too, though I have to sweep the swadust and poo off and if it's particularly mucky it just goes in the bin. The wee soaked ones go in the recycling too, I figure that they can't tell if it's wee or just water where it's been stored in the rain! (apart from the stink)

I've no idea if our council will take it or not, very rarely a bag goes in the black bin, the rest of the time I have a dedicated collection every other week for our waste.

In between people collecting it for the garden

Mine goes in my green wheelie bin and is taken as garden waste - if they stop doing that DH would make me get rid of Smudge! :no::evil: :cry:

Ours goes in the compost bins, but we have two that are full now :roll:, the rest goes in the garden waste wheelie bin and never had any problems so far. I 've forgotten to put it out for the past month so I'm running out of places to put the waste :oops:Must remember to put the bin out tomorrow

Back