• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Rubbish.....??!

im shocked, we've never had a problem with ours?! We have one small wheelie bin and with 7 people, 4 rabbits, 3 g.pigs plus a few small animals we always have about 8 extra black bags or household/pet/rubbish ontop and around the bin on pick up day. There is at least about 7 extra out 2nite for them hehe.

We do need to ring the council and get a larger bin haha just were all kinda lazy, forgetful students and i hate being the only one who organises the house lol. The others are useless haha :D

I got two large compost bins from here: http://www.recyclenow.com/compost/ Subsidised prices as it's part of local authority home composting promotion - enter your postcode for range available.

Actually, having just looked at it again, the range for my postcode is now really small and the bins i bought only three months ago no longer listed, so maybe this is coming to an end - typical useless government, spout rhetoric on waste reduction and then make it impossible for people to do it properly :roll:

At the moment i'm composting all Daisy's litter - megazorb, hay and poos - but she's only been here a month and one of my bins is now nearly full :shock:, although there's a lot of kitchen waste in there too.

I take mine to the yard where i keep my horses and it goes on the muck heap. good job as i get 3 large horse feed bags a week!!

Also the farmer that takes the muck heaps away spreads it on his fields and he grows potatos for Walkers crisps!!!

So next time you are eating so Walkers, think of my bunnies and piggies pooing!!! :lol:

:p

We're so lucky.
Ours goes in the garden waste bin. Long may that last!

I advertised mine on my local Freecycle site. A guy who has an allotment picks it up every couple of weeks for his and the other gardeners compost heaps.

Its great as I no longer have to fill our rubbish bins up with it!

Have a go - rabbit manure is quite sought after!

I've just advertised my rabbit poo on freecycle and I've already got a reply :shock: :D I've got a build up of 6 bags or so don't really want them going to the tip.

I advertised mine on my local Freecycle site. A guy who has an allotment picks it up every couple of weeks for his and the other gardeners compost heaps.

Its great as I no longer have to fill our rubbish bins up with it!

Have a go - rabbit manure is quite sought after!

Good idea! I might do that too! I hate throwing one bag away but my composter can't handle it all!

Back