• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Rescue in Toruń, Poland

I fell in love with Chestnut when Rabbit Rescue Network shared your first message about him on Facebook just over a week ago. He has such a pretty face and beautiful long ears. :love: Google Translate helps me to keep up to date with all your work that you post on your blog, you are doing a wonderful job there with all the rabbits.
I hope that the medication will give Chestnut enough strength in his front legs. The poor guy has had such bad luck, he deserves a happy trouble-free life.

Chestnut is fine, although our vet had to see him as Chestnut started shaking his ears on Friday. During the examination, Chestnut was eating a broccoli so we assume that he is in good mood :)

DSC00359.JPG

Lalita underwent diagnostic laparoscopy. It turned out that there is bladder/peritoneum adhesion which may be a result of infection or mechanical injury. Her kidneys are also in bad condition (which was not visible during ultrasonographic scanning).

pvqj.jpg

Marigold started eating on his own.
DSC07479.JPG

Corn-salad visited a groomer today and she is size 0 now :)
Isn't she lovely?
DSC00749.JPG

DSC00489.JPG

DSC00493.JPG

Chestnut is fine, although our vet had to see him as Chestnut started shaking his ears on Friday. During the examination, Chestnut was eating a broccoli so we assume that he is in good mood :)

Aww, bless him. :) It must be difficult for him to keep his ears clean using only his front paws.

Hi nice to meet you!

The work you are all doing is amazing, my dad visits Torun regularly for Speedway Grand Prix. He's over there in October 2014, I've just sent him a link of this thread and he to says your incredible.

Keep up the good work, vibes to all the unwell bunnies x

Cornflowerpassed away on Wednesday. He was one of the rabbits born in the Rescue and since the beginning he had been different than his siblings. He overcame two health crises but the last one was too serious.
DSC06747.JPG

A new rabbit arrived to Rescue on Monday. His name is Batiste. Someone kept him in a basement. He didn't have access to water or food and the only thing available was...rat poison. He is treated with vitamin K as there is blood in his urine. He started eating dried herbs but he is not interested in pellets. His blood test shows high levels of creatine kinase, creatinine and urea. Something is probably wrong with his kidneys.

EF9HtrMLxR_yjk5U-yTGLGWOl4VZIwm0OtxTMxEN3C4o=w340-h226-p-no

yU0gfjQZR7IsKYil5e6nWKFI_fYFdqQDyqZl_ip38n53=w325-h215-p-no

Saffron was adopted on Wednesday. When he came to the Rescue, his hocks were in appaling condition. Now they are healed and Saffron may binky happily in his new home :)

1486914_557626630978258_609850409_n.jpg

Binky free little Cornflower :cry:- at least you were loved and looked after as you went to the bridge.

I just think all the work you do with these rabbits is amazing - words cannot describe my admiration for what you - and all rescues do. My heart just breaks reading these shocking stories behind the buns. I so hope that Batiste pulls through and recovers - but the main thing is that he is safe, and warm with access to food and water...and lots of love.:thumb:

Awwww cornflower, binky free gorgeous one :love:

Czesc!

Great work you are doing, your bunnies are adorable :wave: :love:

Thank You all for the comments. I hope Cornflower is happy now and that nothing hurts him anymore. We are still waiting for the autopsy results.

There are also good news. Batiste is much better and he is in good mood. There is still blood in his urine, but the most important fact is that he urinates. His runny eyes indicate that there might be a dental problem.

b2gBIks8wp3bZ0xrlVwBHpyZNVmfa0E18L2xQ49UdcSc=w325-h215-p-no

a6fHhfFvTFtMwjIMcUOIndWnljy9QjGPQHToPm9QT7KY=w325-h215-p-no

oj7FKpEja1X2_HM7GQ6d-kixyzVXvQN9Slb_uwIpMFwZ=w325-h215-p-no

Gosling had three teeth removed. There it probably hasn't infected the bone yet.

DSC01305.JPG

There is also something wrong with Chestnut. Sometimes he becomes unresponsive and it can last even 30 minutes. He needs further diagnosis but we suspect encephalitozoon cuniculi.

DSC01442.JPG

Rucola, Mr. Issi and Bolete were adopted and will go to their new homes after the weekend.

o_7rBtNb.jpg

o_RIGADH.jpg

DSC06218.JPG

Last edited:
This post will be a little dieffrent than the previous ones as we would like to present some numbers.

30 kg - this is how much hay our rabbits devour each week
10 kg - is how much pellet goes to our rabbits' stomachs each week
6 - is the number of packs of dried herbs that the rabbits eat daily
200 kg - is how much litter we have to use each week to keep the litter boxes clean
600-800 zł is the sum of money we spend on soaker pads each month
3000 zł is how much we pay each month for treating our rabbits
300-400 zł is the sum of money that we pay for x-rays

As You can see, the needs of the Rescue are big and they are only growing bigger. As a result we started an action in Poland (and on facebook) which is called: "Rabbits believe in Santa Bunny". We will keep you posted on the results of this action :)

DSC01834.JPG

DSC01888.JPG

DSC01918.JPG

Buttercup went to his new home today!
DSC07572.JPG

DSC07573.JPG

There is also a new rabbit in the Rescue - Silk. He was bought as a present for children, but they got bored with him. As a result he ended up in school. But he couldn't stay there any longer so, fortunately, someone decided to bring him to the Rescue.
DSC01926.JPG

Last edited:
Happy new homes to all the bunnies moving out of the rescue I hope they settle and have a happy life.

Sending lots of love to Chestnut hope he gets better real soon :( x

Back