• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Rescue in Toruń, Poland

DSC07113.jpg

This is my favourite picture of a rabbit, ever!
You are doing a such a great job :) I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Nagietek (Marigold) feels a little better, today we found some poops and kindeys are working. Unfortunatelly, Marigold doesn't want to eat.. Tomorrow he will visit our vet.

Kashmir is a wonderful, very soft bunny. Today we can see how much she has been neglected, but we will work on it. We hope that besides underweight it's nothing wrong with her :(
DSC09906.JPG

DSC09882.JPG

DSC09913.JPG

Dalia shows her character today. Initially uncertain and cautious, quite quickly become brave and joyful.
DSC09831.JPG

For fans of Duszek and Korniszonek some photos. I love taking pictures of them when they are asleep, but when I come near the cage they wake up and ask for food :)
DSC09960.JPG

DSC09755.JPG

DSC09769.JPG

DSC09798.JPG

Tomorrow gentlemen are going to control to vet :)

At the end Łatka and her kindergarten ... below the traditional image when the food is near to the cage and hay seems to be far too boring.
Eat, come eat!

DSC09737.JPG

DSC09743.JPG

Tomorrow will be hard Monday - Kasztanek (Chestnut) will has an operation. Paw looks bad - it's dead. On one hand I know Kasztanek will be better without one paw because it's a problem to him to move with a inert paw, but on the other hand it's a very sorious operation... :(
Please, keep your fingers crossed for him!

Awww poor Chestnut, hope he feels better very soon! Can you send Yeti to me please I love her! :wave:

Awww lovely Yeti family! Such sad stories but im loving seeing all your rabbits and im happy they are being well taken care of now! :wave:

Chestnut finds it difficult to move - his fore legs are weak. There are no visible mechanical injuries to the spine on the X-ray image, but his spine had been probably damaged at some point. We pin our hopes in Nivalin (it should stimulate nerves) and rehabilitation. Despite the surgery, he eats heartily and is rather active. As You can see in the picture below, he loves cuddles :)

DSC00324.JPG

DSC00350.JPG

It was confirmed by the nasal swab test that Saffron has pasteurella. But our rabbit expert vet was able to prepare autovaccine. There is also a great chance that Saffron will have a new home in Toruń.

o_jcqKn3.jpg

Marjoramwas neutered yesterday and he is ready to find a new home :)

Wow, what wonderful work you all do. You have made such a difference to these poor bunnies. Especially in the myxomatosis case, what a wonderful transformation. Well done to everyone at the rescue for all their dedication and hard work.

Do you have a website at all? I'd love to follow your progress.

What sad stories the rabbits have but how wonderful that they are now safe in the rabbit rescue in Torun.

Thank you so much for rescuing and helping these poor rabbits and what a great job you are doing. I shall certainly follow your work
if you have a website or you are on Facebook.

Well done to all involved rescuing and taking care of these rabbits...you are Angels. hugs ((()))

Can't believe I've only just seen this thread.

You guys are amazing. Well done, I'm so grateful that these bunnies have such caring humans watching out for them.

Please keep us updated :love:

You guys and the people on this forum remind me on a daily basis that not all humans are scum! There are people out there that give a damn and do care :love:
The work you have been doing and all the effort you guys have put in is amazing, I'm in awe of what you have done for these little buns. Keep up the good work guys, and please keep us up to date with all your wonderful pictures :thumb:

Sending lots of love, hugs and binkies x

P.s can I have Carrot thanks

I've just stumbled on this thread and think the work you do is amazing.

I'm now absolutely in love with the Yeti family.

:love::love::love:

Thank You all for all the kind words :)

Marta has already mentioned our profile on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/rabbits.torun) where we post some news and photos. And when it comes to the blog (http://www.azyl.vot.pl/) we basically translate it here for you :)

floooble, specially for you, Carrot and her friend Kurt.
DSC09696.JPG

Kurt has only one eye - the other one had to be removed due to the infection caused by abscess. She spent her whole life in a cage, so she is cageless in the Rescue and guards other rabbits togehter with Carrot :)

Thank You all for all the kind words :)

Marta has already mentioned our profile on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/rabbits.torun) where we post some news and photos. And when it comes to the blog (http://www.azyl.vot.pl/) we basically translate it here for you :)

floooble, specially for you, Carrot and her friend Kurt.
DSC09696.JPG

Kurt has only one eye - the other one had to be removed due to the infection caused by abscess. She spent her whole life in a cage, so she is cageless in the Rescue and guards other rabbits togehter with Carrot :)

Thank you so much, your little guard bunnies are adorable!!! :love:

Back