• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit on ebay!

nicolar said:
Just want to say well done Adele and Tamsin for such a brill site, for us crazy rabbit owners to natter on about our lovely buns :)

Nicola

AAaahhh, thank you so much for you lovely kind words Nicola :oops: so glad that you are enjoying the Forum :D

:oops: I think i come across wrong yesturday :oops:

Vet bills are the only thing that makes rabbits expensive, feeding, housing and bedding isnt, The lady on ebay was only interested it seems in getting money back for them,

haffyj said:
:oops: I think i come across wrong yesturday :oops:

Vet bills are the only thing that makes rabbits expensive, feeding, housing and bedding isnt, The lady on ebay was only interested it seems in getting money back for them,

Aaahhh please do not worry about a thing, your posting and points of view are as valid as anyone elses.
We are not here to sit in judgment of each other, but help and support one another on our rabbiting journeys together. :D

I use to sell on Ebay in the U.S and this thread caught my attention and I had to go see if sellers here were doing the same. I didnt find any seller that was attempting to get rid of their bunny but what I found did make me sick! I cant believe how many items are made with rabbits fur! :evil: I wish someone with power would make all it illegal! I understand centuries ago before there was so many synthetic materials people had no other choice but to use the skins of animals for warmth. But now??!! The coats, shoes and even plaster hedgehogs covered in fur! :( Im sorry I keep going on and on but..grrrrrrrr!!!!

75925506.jpg
75923769.jpg
75967653.jpg

nana_of_bunnies said:
I use to sell on Ebay in the U.S and this thread caught my attention and I had to go see if sellers here were doing the same. I didnt find any seller that was attempting to get rid of their bunny but what I found did make me sick! I cant believe how many items are made with rabbits fur! :evil: I wish someone with power would make all it illegal! I understand centuries ago before there was so many synthetic materials people had no other choice but to use the skins of animals for warmth. But now??!!
75925506.jpg
75923769.jpg
75967653.jpg
and what makes it worse is that so many "supermodels" [ridiculous term] are wearing fur esp. our poor buns

selling rabbits on ebay

Hi there...I must agree with nana of bunnies. I have seen lots of fur goods for sale on e bay, spent sometime yesterday mailing these people and telling them what I thought of them for doing so. It would be good if everyone who notices fur being sold did the same I.E. mail them and ask them NOT to sell rabbit fur. Its a sick & cruel trade and it must be stopped, so you can all help do this by making a protest, don,t let sellers get away with it BAN THE FUR TRADE NOW from shan & the "famous" shed rabbits. OH!! and a happy christmas to Top Shop who have a sign in their window with a outline of a bunny and the message that all "fur" on sale is fake so well done to them.

a lot of the people who shout loudly 'BAN THE FUR TRADE' are wearing leather shoes. surely a life is a life, be it fluffy bunny or massive cow.

smallbrownfrog said:
a lot of the people who shout loudly 'BAN THE FUR TRADE' are wearing leather shoes. surely a life is a life, be it fluffy bunny or massive cow.

yes and I am sadly one of them and I also watch films and take photos. Unfortunately the by-products of animals are used in most walks of life (incuding photography) and you would have to practically be a hermit to totally avoid the use of bits of animals at all. Its up to each individual to decide where they draw the line. Personally I don't want to eat them or wear anything that has been bred solely for that purpose. I would prefer wine that had been cleared using clay rather than fish finings - the list of animal usage goes on and on. You have to draw the line where you feel comfortable.

It's illegal to sell live animals on EBay. I'm glad you reported it. I hate when people have no respect for animals. I guess it's good that this rabbit will be going to a new home where the new guardian will love her/him.

how do you find these poor animals on ebay? Are they "hidden" under ads for hutches? Just curious as I use ebay a lot and have never seen any ads for live ones except someone saying she would take any unwanted tropical fish.

nicolar said:
I've found another one :( Pair of unneutered males. I wrote suggesting this website and rescues and the response I got was rabbits are expensive and she needs to get some money back!!! :shock:

how can people do this!? Surely they don't want their buns ending up with some snotty nosed kid at the bottom of the garden!

This is the item no if anyone wants to report it: 4340649893

I already have twice!!

Nicola

She/He probably bought it for their snotty nosed kid and can't be arsed to carry on looking after/paying out for the poor bunny. Ive encountered too many people like this who think they can sell the rabbit and hutch for a ridiculous amount just coz they paid a petshop an extorsionate amount in the first place without thinking about taking on a pet in the first place. :evil: hope ebay stop these ads for pets pronto.

Back