• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit on ebay, from a rescue!!

Where is the rabbit?

I'm in Nottingham, and could foster if he comes with a hutch.

I can't get as far as Sheffield in my cr*ppy car, but could certainly get him to Kirkby if that's the rescue he came from.

Let me know if I can help.

Amy

aw! i hope he goes to someone on here!
Then he'll have a good caring home!
I'm the same Amy!
My car might make it, but i'd have to be alone (put back seats down) otherwise with a hutch i'd not turn one more away!
:)
Fingers crossed for the little fella!

I checked and the phone number is the same as on Sheffield Forum... but I dunno if the SF is the same as the one that was on eBay :?

Did anyone manage to sort anything out for the little fella?

I have PMd the interested party on SF about the bun and i dont think she is imterested an longer.

I can take him from next Friday if ben goes to his new home, canm anyone foster until then? Cat has no room either. :?

For a very very short period of time I could foster this bun if nowhere else can be found.

I'm taking a bun and piggie tomorrow so it'll be a tight fit, but I can help if your desperate. Would need help transporting a large hutch though!!

Nicola

I can foster short-term & he just got offered a space on a Rescue waiting list.

I've emailed through the ad on RR

I could collect him for you Angie, if that helps - she's just across the road from where I work (I used to live in the same block of flats!))

Isn't it illegal to sell or advertise live animals on ebay?? Can't someone report this?? Or is ebay in fact not truly global, but per country?

It is and it has been :wink:

I can take him Sunday if Codey goes to his new home on Saturday- Which rescue does he have a waiting list place with, is it BARC?

I have text the owners but had no reply from them on my mobile or SF. :?

Is anyone in contact with them?

Had a very nice email from this lady. She has a potential home lined up for her bun - they are trying to bond this weekend, with a single bun who recently lost her partner. If bonding fails, I will be picking him up next week & he is on a Rescue waiting list.

The lady who emailed was very upset about the criticsm she had received & the way various messages to her had been worded.

The bun was advertised all over cos it was an urgent situation - how many urgent situations do we have on here? Doesn't make someone a bad person.

Not everyone on free ads is bad. This lady knew about hutch sizes, & had a neutered bun, so was obviously more clued up than a lot of the situations we see that are overbreeding & think it's funny.

The thing is - there were several links to RU/RR given. These links came in attacking emails - so it reflects really badly on us lot! :?

I agree with you that not all freeads people are bad Angie, but to put the bun on Ebay is disgusting in my opinion.

I'm really pleased the little lad might have a potential new home lined up :thumb:

I agree re: that sometimes posts and emails can come across as being very aggressive, even when they are not intended as such. The reason I try and keep my posts on these sort of threads very factual (i.e. 'yes I can help with a bunnyrun' or 'here is a link') is because I'm always aware that this is a public forum and the originator of the advert might read them. Whilst in some cases that might be a very good thing, if there is a genuine reason for rehoming then it could be extremely upsetting for the person in question.

However - I think the eBay ad was very ill advised and is a sure fire way to get people's backs up, even if the original intentions were good. Obviously the other thing that rattled cages here too was that the bun was from a rescue - I imagine it's very distressing for a rescue to see an ad like that and wonder if the rabbit in question is one of the buns they cared for and rehomed :( I can see both points of view here.

Anyway - I'm starting to ramble - I am glad it sounds like it's sorted :D

Morrigan1981 said:
I'm really pleased the little lad might have a potential new home lined up :thumb:

I agree re: that sometimes posts and emails can come across as being very aggressive, even when they are not intended as such. The reason I try and keep my posts on these sort of threads very factual (i.e. 'yes I can help with a bunnyrun' or 'here is a link') is because I'm always aware that this is a public forum and the originator of the advert might read them. Whilst in some cases that might be a very good thing, if there is a genuine reason for rehoming then it could be extremely upsetting for the person in question.

However - I think the eBay ad was very ill advised and is a sure fire way to get people's backs up, even if the original intentions were good. Obviously the other thing that rattled cages here too was that the bun was from a rescue - I imagine it's very distressing for a rescue to see an ad like that and wonder if the rabbit in question is one of the buns they cared for and rehomed :( I can see both points of view here.

Anyway - I'm starting to ramble - I am glad it sounds like it's sorted :D

It wasn't the posts on here that upset her - it was the emails she received directly!

We can not agree with what someone is doing - but still advise them better ways to do something, in a nice way! I know Ignorance shouldn't be an excuse - but loads of us are guilty of it!

mandy said:
I agree with you that not all freeads people are bad Angie, but to put the bun on Ebay is disgusting in my opinion.

Really? I just see it as being same as putting a bun on free ads. I know it's against ebay rules - but I didn't know that until first read it on here :oops:

Back