• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit is spreading hay everywhere.

crazyames

Warren Scout
I'm worried that perhaps he feels a little too cold or something (even though the weather has been quite warm)

While he's still eating his meadow hay he's also spreading it in every corner of his double tiered house as though he's building a nest.

I'm wondering if it's because I've had to change it from timothy hay to meadow hay because the two pets stores in the area have stopped supplying the timothy. He is still eating it I think, just not constantly like he used to.

It has been quite nippy at night, so maybe you could put some straw or another bunny(!) in there to keep him warm at night.

Is the hay in a rack? Because if the new hay is really short chopped stuff it's probably just falling out of the rack easier than the longer stemmed variety which will make a mess. You can get loads of different hays online of your local shops don't stock much choice :wave:

I think i will add the straw. He gets covered in a big plastic sheet we got from my new double bed at night too so that should help.

It is in a rack but I think it's about the same length as the other hay but that could well be a factor -nod- I'll look into it right now.

I've just found a site that supplies the old stuff I was just worried I was missing something. I don't want him feeling uncomfortable, you know?

Back