• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit favouritism - Your views

I have never said I have a favourite. I love both of my bunnies the same but I have a special bond with Fiver as he does with me. Xena likes a nose rub and will hop over for some attention but she isn't overly bothered if she doesn't get it. Fiver, however NEEDS to have attention from me and craves it, he will hop onto my bed every night and morning for cuddles, if he hurts himself he wants a hug and he will always hop into my arms when at the vets and snuggle his head under my chin. Fiver is my baby and he definitely sees me as his Mam (or rather just "his human") even though he often grunts/growls at me and will nip/scratch if he has a chance. He really sulks if I don't go and see him regularly during the day and if I come back from being on holiday or anything he will happy dance around my feet when he sees me again.
Like I said, I love Xena just as much but I always say that she is more like a "normal" bunny in her behaviour towards people. She prefers to be with her own kind and that is how it should be, Fiver is just a little Mammy's boy and I don't think I will ever have another bunny who has a bond with me as strong as he does.

In all honesty I probably post more pics of Xena than of Fiver because she has such quirky ears and is generally doing something hugely cute :love:. Plus Fiver is usually no more than an inch away from me (or sat ON me) and it's difficult to anything other than a blurry nose from him. :lol:

aww Fiver sounds like he has a lovely personality , he sounds a bit like my Bella who is always at my feet x

Its no secret Mr Bennett is my special little man. For the first time I have a bunny that has bonded with us and doesn't like other bunnies, in nearly 14 years. He spends most of of his time in our bedroom. He jumps up on the bed every morning. I have to supervise him for hours as he is so naughty and destructive.

Cutei-pie and Bandit don't like much contact - both hate being picked up and I respect their space. They don't need supervising in the other room as they are not destructive. I still love them all. They are all spoilt and get exactly the same treats.

If I didn't care as much for Cutie-pie I wouldn't have got her a new companion. She clearly pined for another male bun, when we really couldn't afford it or have the proper space. She is my sweet little girl and would love to be closer to her, but its her choice not to be. (she was badly treated for 5 years before being rescued).

Its no secret Mr Bennett is my special little man. For the first time I have a bunny that has bonded with us and doesn't like other bunnies, in nearly 14 years. He spends most of of his time in our bedroom. He jumps up on the bed every morning. I have to supervise him for hours as he is so naughty and destructive.

Cutei-pie and Bandit don't like much contact - both hate being picked up and I respect their space. They don't need supervising in the other room as they are not destructive. I still love them all. They are all spoilt and get exactly the same treats.

If I didn't care as much for Cutie-pie I wouldn't have got her a new companion. She clearly pined for another male bun, when we really couldn't afford it or have the proper space. She is my sweet little girl and would love to be closer to her, but its her choice not to be. (she was badly treated for 5 years before being rescued).

aww, 14 :shock: wow, he must be so special, my bridge nethie Snowy lived to 11, he died a year ago :cry: It was awful loosing him after such a long time...

aww Fiver sounds like he has a lovely personality , he sounds a bit like my Bella who is always at my feet x

Most people call him the demon bunny because he is so destructive and can be quite aggressive....well I don't think he's aggressive, I just think he has a huge attitude problem. :lol: If anybody goes into my room I immediately tell them not to touch Fiver as he will turn and scratch and to be careful because Xena may charge and bite, It's dangerous going in there :lol:.

Nobody sees how Fiver is with me. He is such a lovely bunny and he will nudge his nose under my hand on a night and sit next to me for hours if I let him while he gets nose rubs. His favourite thing in the world is to be snuggled up right against me so he can get nose rubs and kisses on his nose :love: He even lifts his head if I stop kissing him as if to say "I was enjoying that, don't stop!"
He follows me everywhere, comes when he is called (if there's nothing more interesting going on), happy dances round my feet, greets me and licks things that smell of me (he has never actually licked me as he is a very dominant bunny so licking things near me is a huge privilege in bunny terms!)

Nobody ever believes me when I say he's lovely :lol:

Most people call him the demon bunny because he is so destructive and can be quite aggressive....well I don't think he's aggressive, I just think he has a huge attitude problem. :lol: If anybody goes into my room I immediately tell them not to touch Fiver as he will turn and scratch and to be careful because Xena may charge and bite, It's dangerous going in there :lol:.

Nobody sees how Fiver is with me. He is such a lovely bunny and he will nudge his nose under my hand on a night and sit next to me for hours if I let him while he gets nose rubs. His favourite thing in the world is to be snuggled up right against me so he can get nose rubs and kisses on his nose :love: He even lifts his head if I stop kissing him as if to say "I was enjoying that, don't stop!"
He follows me everywhere, comes when he is called (if there's nothing more interesting going on), happy dances round my feet, greets me and licks things that smell of me (he has never actually licked me as he is a very dominant bunny so licking things near me is a huge privilege in bunny terms!)

Nobody ever believes me when I say he's lovely :lol:

Hey! sorry lol :lol: I recognise your bunnies :D You are on the facebook group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/330560280326396/ right? (hope so or this would be awkward :oops: ) anyway I am Jack Antonio Saunders on fb :thumb:

:oops: No no, Mr Bennett is 2 years old. I meant I have had bunnies for 14 years.

Snowy lived to a good age. What a hard loss for you.

Oh sorry! silly me :lol: :oops:

what would we do without bunnies , everywhere I go or see something I think " oooh the buns would like that or oooh that would look nice in the shed" :lol: I love them so much :love:

Oh sorry! silly me :lol: :oops:

what would we do without bunnies , everywhere I go or see something I think " oooh the buns would like that or oooh that would look nice in the shed" :lol: I love them so much :love:

I am driving my OH crazy. We rearranged the back bedroom, especially for Cutie-pie and Bandit. Didn't work and had to change it back.

Hey! sorry lol :lol: I recognise your bunnies :D You are on the facebook group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/330560280326396/ right? (hope so or this would be awkward :oops: ) anyway I am Jack Antonio Saunders on fb :thumb:

Hi! Yes I am on that group! I didn't realise it was you! :wave: :D I love that group, people are all really nice and there's always cute pics and interesting advice etc on there. :)

Must admit, my bunnies are rather recognisable! And not just because they are absolute monsters :lol: Most people recognise my buns before me :lol:

Hi! Yes I am on that group! I didn't realise it was you! :wave: :D I love that group, people are all really nice and there's always cute pics and interesting advice etc on there. :)

Must admit, my bunnies are rather recognisable! And not just because they are absolute monsters :lol: Most people recognise my buns before me :lol:

Hello :wave:

I've added you on fb if you do not mind :) I love the group too everyone is so friendly :D

I kind of do have pets that I prefer. Mainly my buns and guinea.

My dog, as much as I do love her, is an annoying little so and so and just today she decided to tip the bin over and pull out the contents for no reason :roll:

I also have a Giant African Land Snail. He is cool and all but...not very exciting :lol:

Sometimes it's just particular rabbits that do funny things that are worth posting about. I also know some of mine are easier to take photos of than others, I don't know why but some of them seem to hold a pose although they have no concept of a camera. Others never stay still for more than a second :)

Sometimes it's just particular rabbits that do funny things that are worth posting about. I also know some of mine are easier to take photos of than others, I don't know why but some of them seem to hold a pose although they have no concept of a camera. Others never stay still for more than a second :)

:thumb:

If you see some of my picture threads you'll see that Pickle is a poser :lol: He is a funny bun :)

Blue was my little man....My soul bunny. I loved him so much and when I lost him it tore me apart. We had been through a lot together and he was my baby. Even now I'm sat in tears thinking that I'm never going to see his smushy little face again.

I have always loved Marnie moomoo....but she chose J as 'her' human :lol: Since we have both lost our men though (J is away a lot) we have become a lot closer. She will ALWAYS pick J over me though. She is such an affectionate bunny....but she is a bit of a hussy and loves anyone and everyone. Blue only really loved me :love: :oops:

After the recent hideous failure at bonding Marnie....she will remain single for the forseeable future.

When we lose her (which hopefully won't be for MANY years) I won't have any more bunnies.....I just couldn't.

Blue was my little man....My soul bunny. I loved him so much and when I lost him it tore me apart. We had been through a lot together and he was my baby. Even now I'm sat in tears thinking that I'm never going to see his smushy little face again.

I have always loved Marnie moomoo....but she chose J as 'her' human :lol: Since we have both lost our men though (J is away a lot) we have become a lot closer. She will ALWAYS pick J over me though. She is such an affectionate bunny....but she is a bit of a hussy and loves anyone and everyone. Blue only really loved me :love: :oops:

After the recent hideous failure at bonding Marnie....she will remain single for the forseeable future.

When we lose her (which hopefully won't be for MANY years) I won't have any more bunnies.....I just couldn't.

Aww Im so sorry about your loss of Blue, he looks so adorable in your sig :love: It is so hard loosing our loved bunnies... I hate it when people just say " it is only a rabbit" " rabbits are boring , they do nothing" , Rabbits are definitely not , they are so funny and loving and have great personalities :love:

Yes I have been following the bonding thread, I am so sorry to hear that Marnie got hurt, I hope she makes a quick recovery, she sounds like a great hay eater :thumb: Sounds like you will have to buy a field soon and make your own hay! :lol: :love:

I don't think pets care if they're a favourite or not as long as they have their needs met.

I didn't have a favourite of my two. I loved Daisy (bridge bunny) because she was sweet and dopey, and I love Fidget because she is so naughty and clever, she's a little so and so but she makes me laugh every day. I generally took more photos of Daisy because she would sit still - Fidget is just a black blur so trying to photograph her isn't worth the effort at times :lol:.

I don't have a favourite pet, yes some days I love one a little bit more if they are being super cute and cuddly etc....and then some days I think 'Why do I have you as my pet? You are a terror!' :lol:

Back