• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit favouritism - Your views

I pitty those who dont understand the strong bond with one particular animal.
For me My soul companion was Ulfric.
I have strong bonds with all my rabbits but Ulfric is and was always my best friend and Soul bunny.
Until you have had that one very special bond you cant comment here..

I have a stronger bond with Finx than I do with Tango - I've had her since she was old enough to leave her mum, she was my first rabbit. But that doesn't mean I don't have a special spot for Tango, our gorgeous dopey rescue rabbit :love:

They are both treated with the same amount of care and attention, although Tango hates leaving the ground so doesn't get cuddles, he demands and gets as much attention on his own terms as Finx gets. They are just different!

Personally I think it is wrong to have favourite pets... I see that people do and they post more pictures and stuff about the certain rabbit....

I myself have no favourites each of my bunnies have different personalities, some I prefer more but I do not like them less or have favourites ! :roll:

My 12 guineas/rabbits are cared for the same but I have closer bonds with peaches my guinea and Archie my rabbit.

Then I have Toby the dog whose bond is completely different. I'm not saying its right but it's a fact!

I don't do favourites, I just couldn't but I do think I have a stronger bond with some more than others depending on their nature. For example Mona and Elidore I am particularly close to because I have had them for about 10 years. Nori is naturally affectionate along with Orla so we're close for that reason. But I have a bond and understanding with all of them just on different levels. I find it really cute that Maisie is such a daddy's girl too. I think the bunnies certainly have favourite humans as well.

I don't have a favourite out of my rabbits but I have spent more time/money on Pipkin both because I've had him for longer and because he has a few health problems.
I do have a 'favourite' pet overall though and that's my old lady cat Josie. I don't favour her by posting lots of pictures (she's pretty ugly actually!) but I feel like I have the strongest bond with her because I've had her for 11 years now so all the time I was growing up.

I don't think it's "wrong" to have a favourite so long as you treat them all equally because it's not like they'll ever know.

Eli will definitely leave a bigger gap in my life than any of my other pets, just like my dog dying had a much bigger impact on me than any pet before him. I know that my mouse Inca dying will devastate me more than any other mouse, whereas wombat would effect me the least.

It's just human nature, like we're closer to certain family members than others, same with friends. We can't force ourselves to connect with everyone/every pet on the same level.

ETA: also, someone posting photos of one pet more than another doesn't necessarily mean that's their favourite. I have a lot of photos of inca not because she's my favourite, but because she always comes out when the camera does, it fascinates her. Eli is my favourite rabbit but I have a lot less photos of him than the other two because he doesn't pose like the other two do.

Last edited:
ETA: also, someone posting photos of one pet more than another doesn't necessarily mean that's their favourite. I have a lot of photos of inca not because she's my favourite, but because she always comes out when the camera does, it fascinates her. Eli is my favourite rabbit but I have a lot less photos of him than the other two because he doesn't pose like the other two do.

Definitely this. I have more photos of Charlie (cat) than all my other pets just because he is really photogenic and likes to pose. The rabbits and Josie always seem to run towards the camera when I point it at them so I don't get good pictures very often!

I don't think I have favourites as such as they are all treated equally and I would fight for them all equally but I definitely have a really strong bond with Humphrey. Its hard not to when he loves me so much and showers me with bunny kisses :love:

I don't post that many pics of him as he takes a really bad picture but do post stories about him as he is just so funny and we do silly things.

I have posted loads about Trevor recently but only because i like to post stuff I think people will find interesting to read and trevor is certainly interesting :D

I don't have a favourite rabbit, but Boris is my first one and the one I've had the longest, and therefore my relationship with him is different from my relationship with Bella. That being said, I love them both equally as they're both very special bunnies and also very attached to me.

I think it's fine to have favorites, I favorite one of my dogs over the others, but I don't treat them different or give one better things or more treats than the other, as that makes me feel guilty and in my opinion is unfair.

Nutmeg is way more photogenic than the others so when I do post photos there tends to be more of her. Mini and Mischa are so beautiful in the flesh but that just doesn't very often translate into a photo, I don't know why. And Smudge, well with Smudge is depends on what hair style he's given himself.

As for favourites I will admit I am a lot closer to Mini and Mischa than Nutmeg and Smudge. It's just their nature. The lops are very gregarious, love everyone and anyone and are just very outgoing and show their affection more. It doesn't mean I don't love my lions, I do, very much so, but they would be happier if they never had to see a human than the lops would be. Mischa and I share a very close bond, prehaps because he's my first rabbit, prehaps because I had to nurse him through a very ill period or prehaps because I almost lost him five years ago.

But no matter who I am closest to they all get treated exactly the same. (Apart from the lops get more cuddles but trust me the lions don't mind that in the slightest!!)

Mine are treated equally but I'm closer to some more than others, Harley and me used to have a really strong bond but now he lives with other rabbits he doesn't really need me any more. Baby I've had since she was born, and as she's a single bun unlike the other three which live together I spend more time with her (I guess mine aren't treated exactly equally then but she needs company, they don't), and I'm probably the closest to her, despite the fact the little ******* given me some horrendous bites and lives with my grandma a lot of the time :lol:

As long as they're getting the same standard of care and attention (if single buns) then I don't see the problem in having a rabbit you're closer to than the others, which I guess would make it a 'favourite'

I post more pics of Honey and Daisy than I do of Olly and Digby, but only because they are more photogenic as they are light coloured. I love all my buns equally but for different reasons :love:

I don't have favourites but I spend more time with Archie than Izzy. Archie is much more friendly and is happy to be held, but Izzy is nervous and runs away a lot of the time, and she doesn't really like being held. They are different rabbits so I like them in different ways. It doesn't mean I love one more than the other :)

I have a better bond with Bear, only because he loves me as much as I love him.
BUT I love Alice to and would NEVER treat her any differently as she wasn't my "favorite". My bunnies only have me to rely on so I make sure I give them both the absolute best I can and as long as I continue to do that I don't think there's an issue having favorites - Hows Alice ever going to know?!
As for the photo thing, Alice runs away when I point the camera at her, Bear's a poser!

About my bunnies :

I think that I am close to all of my bunnies the same amount, but if you see my photo's you'll see that there is a few more of Pickle and that is only because he is more photogenic and loves to pose :D However at the moment as my current set up is Bella and Pickle get the most human contact and interaction but in the new set up which we are doing very very soon they will get the same amount as it will be easier for us to go in. Out of my current Bunnies I have had Flopsy the longest and we have quite a strong bond he has a really unique personality; he is a grumpy little bun, he does not mind being held and loves to snuggle, he happily takes his medicine twice a day for his daddy! he is a good boy but he does thump when he gets back on the ground :lol: I just love everything about Flopsy :love: Bella I have had the 2nd longest and until the later part of last year we did not have a really strong bond and she was aggressive and that was because of hormones because she was not spayed, we got her spayed and then she turned into the most loveable bunny ever, she always comes running up for a nose rub, loves strokes, likes to be held, she will even jump on your lap, whenever you go in the shed she is there, :love: I love her to pieces, she even grooms my clothes , she has a lovely personality :love: Then Lily who I have had a year in August she is a lovely bunny too, always comes up to see you and loves strokes, she is so funny when she is held she pulls and bites at your clothes, because of her I have to go to school with massive holes in my V-neck jumpers :lol: But i love her really! Pickle we have only had 6 weeks tomorrow and he is a rescue bun with a lovely personality he has fitted in nicely and is a great addition to our family and is a superb companion to Bella who adores her husbun! Pickle although does not like to be picked up (hate it) he absolutely loves to be fussed over and have nose rubs and strokes on the floor, he is even starting to climb onto our laps. I love all my bunnies, I cant wait til my new setup is complete and I can interact with Lily and flopsy as we can we Bella and Pickle. :love:

I like to add:

I would also like to add I am sorry if this post has offended anyone in anyway, this was not directed at anyone. I was just interested and I am sorry if anyone got upset

I have never said I have a favourite. I love both of my bunnies the same but I have a special bond with Fiver as he does with me. Xena likes a nose rub and will hop over for some attention but she isn't overly bothered if she doesn't get it. Fiver, however NEEDS to have attention from me and craves it, he will hop onto my bed every night and morning for cuddles, if he hurts himself he wants a hug and he will always hop into my arms when at the vets and snuggle his head under my chin. Fiver is my baby and he definitely sees me as his Mam (or rather just "his human") even though he often grunts/growls at me and will nip/scratch if he has a chance. He really sulks if I don't go and see him regularly during the day and if I come back from being on holiday or anything he will happy dance around my feet when he sees me again.
Like I said, I love Xena just as much but I always say that she is more like a "normal" bunny in her behaviour towards people. She prefers to be with her own kind and that is how it should be, Fiver is just a little Mammy's boy and I don't think I will ever have another bunny who has a bond with me as strong as he does.

In all honesty I probably post more pics of Xena than of Fiver because she has such quirky ears and is generally doing something hugely cute :love:. Plus Fiver is usually no more than an inch away from me (or sat ON me) and it's difficult to anything other than a blurry nose from him. :lol:

Back