• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit behaviour

flip flop

New Kit
my rabbit has started stamping and scrathing its way out of the hutch since her bunnies have all gone to good homes should i leave her to settle or pick her up and comfort her :(

id get her neutered so she can have a partner,
having all your babies taken away can be heart wrenching

i agree, she needs bunny company.
Get her neutered and maybe see your local rescue and see if you can rescue a male bun. :wave:

i agree, she needs bunny company.
Get her neutered and maybe see your local rescue and see if you can rescue a male bun. :wave:

i have a male bunny called flop he is in a separate hutch at the mo hes off to the vets tom to get neutered then when time is right i can place them back together do you know how long before i can put them back together after the visit to the vets

i have a male bunny called flop he is in a separate hutch at the mo hes off to the vets tom to get neutered then when time is right i can place them back together do you know how long before i can put them back together after the visit to the vets

Thats good,
get them both neutered and then its about 6 weeks after the male has been neutered they can be put together
i recommend getting the female done aswell, to help prevent cancer in the womb.

Thats good,
get them both neutered and then its about 6 weeks after the male has been neutered they can be put together
i recommend getting the female done aswell, to help prevent cancer in the womb.

ok thanks i shall book her in with the vet when im there tom .do you have any advice with me handleing her now shes chargeing at me and stamping makes me upset

Also, I believe the males can still be fertile for several weeks after a neuter, so don't be tempted to put them back together before she has been done.

Is it just when you go to the hutch? Hormones seem to make them more territorial, so maybe she will settle down in a couple of weeks.

Also, I believe the males can still be fertile for several weeks after a neuter, so don't be tempted to put them back together before she has been done.

Is it just when you go to the hutch? Hormones seem to make them more territorial, so maybe she will settle down in a couple of weeks.

yes its when i go to the hutch

It sounds hormonal if its out of character, spaying should help in that case. If they are both neutered you can bond as soon as they are healed 2-3 weeks. If just the boy, its six weeks.

Back