• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quiz/Educate the Vet Student!

One particular vet is so up his own a**e that he will never admit that he doesn't have a clue how to treat rabbits or small mammals. In his case, Baytril is the magic cure and lack of appetite is usually due *shock*. He never checks their teeth or even gives them a clinial examination when giving them their vaccinations.

^^^ This is a perfect discription of my vet! :lol:

I have a slightly random question.... do some vets get paid on commission? I feel like I get charged for things I really don't want sometimes. Daphne had her front teeth out at the beginning of the year and I asked the vet to clip a little knot off of her chin whilst she was knocked out. She'd dribbled and this little knot had got really tight and she wouldn't let me touch it. They charged me £30 for 'clipping matts'. :shock: Where as a different vet at the same practice often charges me hamster prices for the buns - I think he realises I struggle with my vet bills sometimes. :oops: Funnily enough, I like that vet much more! :lol:

Hi, i don't want to hyjack this thread:oops: but I was just wondering Vikki if you could give me some advise on how to become a veterinary nurse. I've sent my CV off to all our local vets wich they will keep on file but i just wondered if the home study course i've found would be a good starting point to give me a little knowledge. What do you think?:D

Back