• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pumpkin the Pygmy goat has a new friend u/d P36 new name chosen

:love:Pumpkin and Rainbow

I thought of the name rainbow last night when you mentioned it in your post, but my daughter didn't want to call her that :(

This morning they were both laid down either side of the partition in their shed:love: this morning I put her in the small enclosure we have next to their shed again, but after breakfast when I looked out she had escaped into the garden by climbing over the partition I think and through the open person door :shock: when I approached her she jumped onto a chair and over a fence into the goat field, and commenced bonding proceedings herself :shock: :lol: they had half an hour of play fighting and banging horns :shock: and they are now settled grazing!

My nerves are frazzled :shock: :lol:

I thought of the name rainbow last night when you mentioned it in your post, but my daughter didn't want to call her that :(

This morning they were both laid down either side of the partition in their shed:love: this morning I put her in the small enclosure we have next to their shed again, but after breakfast when I looked out she had escaped into the garden by climbing over the partition I think and through the open person door :shock: when I approached her she jumped onto a chair and over a fence into the goat field, and commenced bonding proceedings herself :shock: :lol: they had half an hour of play fighting and banging horns :shock: and they are now settled grazing!

My nerves are frazzled :shock: :lol:

Oh scary. Those horns look like they could do damage.

Will have to think of naughy girls name.

Oh scary. Those horns look like they could do damage.

Will have to think of naughy girls name.

Luckily they aren't being used in anger :thumb:

Yes please, keep the names coming, I've thought of about 20 but daughter doesn't want any of them :roll:

Gorgeous. I do love goats :love: The horns are awesome looking too. I hope Pumpkin likes her new buddy! :D

Name thoughts: Peony, Primrose, Marigold, Ivy, Meadow, Iris, Heather, Rosemary, Lilac, Clover, Indigo (Indy).
Sorta sticking with the plant theme there. Those were some of my name choices for my ducklings before I decided to go off the plant theme I had picked for them and chose Ellie (Eliana) and Ollie (Oliver). :)

I think we might need a name that suits a much more cheeky girl!

For some reason this brought to mind Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame. Would the name Esmeralda suit her?

Goodness I can imagine you were a bit stressed by her taking the bonding into her own hooves! :shock: Cheeky indeed! :lol:

Thankyou everyone :love: she's setted in really well, I've sat with them and she's eaten out of my hand, and she's got the hang of going into the shed tonight too. She follows Pumpkin around like a shadow :love:

Thanks for the name ideas, I'll run them by my daughter ;)

Thankyou everyone :love: she's setted in really well, I've sat with them and she's eaten out of my hand, and she's got the hang of going into the shed tonight too. She follows Pumpkin around like a shadow :love:

Thanks for the name ideas, I'll run them by my daughter ;)

Oops. I missed that you weren't keeping Gertrude!

I just remembered too that there was a goat in HOND but it was a boy. I thought his name was cute though and could probably work, Djali (pronounced Jolly).

Thankyou all for all the name suggestions :love: we've finally decided on one that we think suits her and her mischievous nature, we are going to call her 'Pickle'. Which goes well with Pumpkin too :thumb:

They are getting on very well, Pumpkin is back to his original perky self, it's lovely to see him feeling better, and Pickle is enjoying exploring the goat field. She loves standing on a fallen tree trunk and is busy eating any dried up crispy leaves she can find. There's plenty of them! She likes to stay close to Pumpkin, if she loses sight of him if he changes direction when she's busy eating she looks round frantically for him, then runs over to him :love:

Pickle has continued to settle in well, she's still nervous but will eat out of my hand. She's got the bedtime routine down to a t on only the second night, clever girl :love:

Really pleased it went so well & you now have a loved up pair of goats.:love: I heartily agree with Pickle, very cute (I use the name myself, Pickle Mouse recently)

Back