• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pumpkin the Pygmy goat has a new friend u/d P36 new name chosen

Aw...Pickle is an adorable name! :)
How cute that she's already so attached to Pumpkin. :) Sounds like a wonderful life for both of them ahead! :love: xxxx

So pleased you have happy goats, I found this video and thought about you and your goats:

https://www.facebook.com/edgarsmission/?fref=nf

If that link doesn't go straight to the video then it's a recent post on the page ... it's worth the effort!!

The link didn't take me straight to the video but I found a few cute goat ones :love:

Pickle is continuing to settle in well, she's found her voice now, and so when I come down the garden or get back home from wherever I've got 2 goats calling for food again :love:

The link didn't take me straight to the video but I found a few cute goat ones :love:

Pickle is continuing to settle in well, she's found her voice now, and so when I come down the garden or get back home from wherever I've got 2 goats calling for food again :love:

Brilliant. It is the one on springs that got me. Goats just look so happy.

Pickle is continuing to get more confident, yesterday she came running to the gate with Pumpkin and I managed to sneak a quick stroke whilst she was stood up against the gate :love:I stroked her whilst she was eating her tea but she wasn't keen on that and gave me a bit of a growling noise :shock: today we had to sneakily grab her collar whilst she was eating breakfast, as she needed a booster injection. I thought that would send her into a panic but she was ok she seemed more bothered about being restrained than being injected! She's been more wary again today because of that but I think she will forgive me when it comes to tea time.

Spending time with her is sometimes hampered by Pumpkin wanting all the attention. I sat down on an upturned storage box in the field today but Pumpkin took it as an invitation to come and stand on it next to me and lean in to get a good fuss and scratch :love:

:lol:
Goats are nothing if not bold and cheeky! ;) So glad they are getting on so well. :love:

This reminds me of how Tippy and Choccy would be all up in my business whenever I went out to feed the hens/ducks. They loved the seed and would try to shove their heads in the bucket I carried it in. (When my Pekings weren't nipping my hands for it.) Tippy actually sussed out where I was hiding it and got his head stuck in it over his eyeballs one afternoon and Choccy rescued him by crying at the back door till I came out to help. Totally amazed me by their teamwork they did! :love: I do miss them all these years later.

It's funny, we have two does at the Rescue where I help out, they are sisters and have a very close bond (they are rabbit does, not goat does!) but one of the other volunteers refers to them as the goat girls, because they have lop ears which are quite far forward on their heads, and she thinks they look like those lop eared goats! They are both harlequins, one with a lot of 'orange' on her, and the other has more black. They are very mischievous, and are both escapologists, but are inseparable. Have a look on our website if you like:-
www.facebook.com/scunthorperabbitrescue

:lol:
Goats are nothing if not bold and cheeky! ;) So glad they are getting on so well. :love:

This reminds me of how Tippy and Choccy would be all up in my business whenever I went out to feed the hens/ducks. They loved the seed and would try to shove their heads in the bucket I carried it in. (When my Pekings weren't nipping my hands for it.) Tippy actually sussed out where I was hiding it and got his head stuck in it over his eyeballs one afternoon and Choccy rescued him by crying at the back door till I came out to help. Totally amazed me by their teamwork they did! :love: I do miss them all these years later.

They are such characters :love: they do look out for each other, Patch used to get her head stuck in the fence before we altered it and Pumpkin used to shout for help. I think/hope that Pumpkin and Pickle will help each other too.

They are so clever, I used to have the feed in a dustbin with the lid tied on, Pumpkin managed to knock it over and roll it around until he managed to get the lid off and walk in to get the food :lol:

I can imagine you miss them. Hugs xx

It's funny, we have two does at the Rescue where I help out, they are sisters and have a very close bond (they are rabbit does, not goat does!) but one of the other volunteers refers to them as the goat girls, because they have lop ears which are quite far forward on their heads, and she thinks they look like those lop eared goats! They are both harlequins, one with a lot of 'orange' on her, and the other has more black. They are very mischievous, and are both escapologists, but are inseparable. Have a look on our website if you like:-
www.facebook.com/scunthorperabbitrescue

They sound adorable :love: the link doesn't work for me, maybe because I'm not on Facebook?

Just catching up on all your new goat news :) I think it's so lovely that you have got a new friend for Pumpkin :love: She has very pretty markings. I'm pleased he approves and I am sure that she will soon have crept her way into your heart. It had never occured to me that goats would need to be bonded in a similar way to rabbits. Scary that they decided not to wait and do it themselves :shock:

Sending lots of happy ever after vibes for them :love:

Just catching up on all your new goat news :) I think it's so lovely that you have got a new friend for Pumpkin :love: She has very pretty markings. I'm pleased he approves and I am sure that she will soon have crept her way into your heart. It had never occured to me that goats would need to be bonded in a similar way to rabbits. Scary that they decided not to wait and do it themselves :shock:

Sending lots of happy ever after vibes for them :love:

Thankyou :) I do love her to bits already :love: and I know Pumpkin does too. She really likes him :love: Theres not so much written about introducing goats as there is bonding rabbits, but I definitely didn't plan on it happening that way :shock::lol:

Back