• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pregnant?

Gushav

New Kit
Hello.
Yesterday I brought home a new bunny. She came from a rescue in the midlands. She was brought in to them at the weekend and they were given very little information. They said she was spayed and at some point she was vaccinated. I had her on my lap today and he did an awful lot of re arranging the blankets, is she nesting? The person who gave her up could have lied and handed in a pregnant bunny. I’m not certain enough to take her into the vets just yet. I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do at home to tell if she’s pregnant? Do human pregnancy tests work on rabbits?

useful links for leisure time:
https://bigboobs.love/
https://bigtits.bar/
https://hugetits.me/

Last edited:
Firstly, no reputable Rescue would rehome a Rabbit without having her Vet checked and without documented proof of vaccination and neutering status. So I would question if the ‘Rescue’ was really a Rescue. Anyone can call themselves a Rescue, but in reality they have no clue about what they are doing, even if they mean well and think they are helping.

No, you can’t do a human pregnancy test on a Rabbit

The digging behaviour you have observed doesn’t indicate pregnancy, all Rabbits might dig when on your lap, pulling at your clothes etc

If you do not have documented proof that the Rabbit is vaccinated and neutered (spayed) then get her to a Rabbit Savvy Vet. It is essential that she is vaccinated ASAP. RHD in particular is rife at the moment. Just yesterday I was made aware of the deaths of 2 House Rabbits due to RHD. This occurred in the West Midlands.

Back