• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post Neuter Advice, please help :)

well Cass seems to be eating. he is much livelier and looks much happier. in fact he woke me up at 5am stomping! :evil::roll: no drinking yet though..

That sounds good, maybe he's getting a lot of water from the veg? So glad he seems to be happier.

you must to to slow at breakfast time mate, get those teas brewing and veg washed quicker!

haha I know, poor neglected souls.

we went to the vet's again today and I was furious. The same receptionist was there today as was there yesterday, but she hadnt booked us in and was acting as if she had never seen us in her life. even though the vet AND me had both told her Cass needed adding onto Zero's appointment (Zero was in for a 10 day check). So we saw a nurse. She knew what she was talking about, but I still wanted to see a vet. So I asked to see the vet, said that we were told we would when we made appointment, but he had no idea really what had been happening, just checked his wound, which isnt really the issue, and obviously by this time we were cutting into his other appointments so we were a bit rushed. :evil: they dont seem to understand how serious this is!!

on the plus side, I got Cass some dandelion leaves, and I had a brainwave and got him some dried grass instead of hay, much greener than his timothy hay. And he's eaten all the dandelion leaves which were soaking wet AND had a good go at the dried grass :D so we're getting there. he probably needed another gut stimulant and painkiller today though but he didnt get them.

just a quick thing to add, when i got cass i was told he was in with other rabbits at his original home, so maybe he has been bonded and separated :( and is now pining?

Either way he's had a lot to cope with. Perhaps it would have been better to let him settle before the neuter.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but if he had settled, he would have gotten territorial, and i thought it would be better for him in the long run to just have everything in one go and then just settle down. :( think you are right though I should have waited. suppose its done now and i can't go back and change it.

Cass is eating plenty now, still not clearing off everything I put in his cage like my other two greedy little rabbits :lol: but we're getting there. He seems to be drinking a bit too, but if not he's still getting plenty of water from his veg. Off to pick him some dandelion leaves soon, my neighbour has a front garden full of giant ones, so tempted to just lean over and take a few.... :)

Thanks for all your concern and help everybody, you've been great.

Back