• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

.Poppy was pregnant UD Daisys gone

Oh goodness... Such sad news - I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Sending (((recovery vibes))) for Poppy, and hugs for you.xx

Oh my Lord I have only just seen this and I want to give you a big cuddle ((( hugs )))

I'm so very sorry about Daisy but don't feel guilty you were doing what was best for her but I know how you feel

I'm sure Poppy will improve and I'm sending mega Vibes for her .

Thinking about you and sending hugs xxxx

I've just seen this - I'm so sorry :cry: what a terrible, tragic accident. I know you'll be feeling awfully guilty, but it's really not your fault, you were trying to do your best for her & that's all anybody can ever do. Sending (((((((((((((recovery vibes)))))))))))) to poppy too & hugs for you xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How awful for you. Binky free Daisy.

Recovery vibes for Poppy and a huge comforting hug for you.

Thanks again.

Poppy is eating hay and veg but not touching her pellets which she usually go nuts for :?

She also looks like she sitting oddly sometimes, I'm guessing this is due to be a bit uncomfortable? She has had pain relief and seems remarkably bright.

How long should I keep her indoors for? The crate she's in is quite small x

I'm so sorry :(

If you're worried you could syringe a bit of water? My vet told me that I could add a very small amount of sugar free Ribena to water to make a bunny drink more when he was unwell, maybe that would help?

Thanks for this advice. I tired this and she had a little drink straight away xx

Oh I am so sorry to read this - I have lost two buns under anaesthetic and I well remember the guilt - however I have also had a girl (also Daisy - who I left entire as she was just too poorly) die of uterine cancer - you did your very best for both bunnies and that is all we can do.

Binky free Daisybun and I hope Poppy recovers quickly xxxx

Thanks again.

Poppy is eating hay and veg but not touching her pellets which she usually go nuts for :?

She also looks like she sitting oddly sometimes, I'm guessing this is due to be a bit uncomfortable? She has had pain relief and seems remarkably bright.

How long should I keep her indoors for? The crate she's in is quite small x

It is going to be quite cold overnight so personally I would keep her indoors for at least tonight. Especially as she would be on her own outside. Being in a small crate for a few days is absolutely fine. She will need to be confined to allow internal healing to take place. Just let her have a hop about now and again to stop her from getting bored and to promote good gut motility.

Not eating pellets is perfectly normal for 24-48 hours after a spay. Just keep an eye on her output xx

sounds like poppy is doing well so far. i know you must be so anxious now, but she sounds on track with gradually eating and drinking more. sending you both hugs xxx

Thank you again :love:

I just popped out for an hour and came home to a trashed crate (doesn't she know she supposed to be resting). She obviously feeling better!

She has also eaten lots of pellets and wee'd and poo'd everywhere! :D

I am worried about her being lonely tho :( How long should I give her for her to fully recover and her hormones to calm down before I think about finding her a friend?

Been so stressful for you losing Daisy and Poppy recovering. Glad to hear she has pooped and trashed her crate. I remember panicking when Cutie-pie wouldn't eat and was recovering but she was fine. They do take a few days.

Back