• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

.Poppy was pregnant UD Daisys gone

I feel sick :cry:

She must have been at least 21 days because that's how long I've had them for. Will that not be dangerous for her? The vets says no.

I feel sick :cry:

She must have been at least 21 days because that's how long I've had them for. Will that not be dangerous for her? The vets says no.

I don't have any experience of this so I can't say, but none of this was your fault, you didn't know she was pregnant after all. If your vets are rabbit savvy and say its not dangerous for her then I'm sure everything will be fine :thumb:

I feel so guilty :cry:

I just wanted to give them a good life away from the tiny hutch they were living in :cry::cry:

I just wanted to give them a good life away from the tiny hutch they were living in :cry::cry:

You have nothing to feel guilty about. You did give them a good life, albeit not as long as you hoped but it doesn't take away from the fact that they knew love, space and compassion in their new home. Daisy was very lucky to have you, and Poppy still is :love:

you couldn't have known that this would happen. i'm sure they would rather have had a short time being well loved and cared for and the chance of a better future, than stuck in a cramped hutch.

so sorry daisy has gone. i hope poppy will recover well and be home with you soon. xxx

What happened? Sorry if I'm being slow. Have you lost both of them? Was it a result of the spey?

The vet found that one of them was pregnant during the spay, she is recovering well. Daisy heart stopped in recovery and they couldn't re-start it :cry:

The vet found that one of them was pregnant during the spay, she is recovering well. Daisy heart stopped in recovery and they couldn't re-start it :cry:

Well you have done nothing to feel guilty about. Getting them speyed was the best thing to do, everyone on here knows that it greatly reduces the chances of them developing cancer, it was the right thing to do. Don't blame yourself for that. You rescued them from a horrible home, and I'm sure Poppy is grateful for that.

It is so easy for us to tell you that you have nothing to feel guilty about but so hard for you not to feel this way I am sure. You have tried your very best to give these beautiful girls a happy future. I am so so sorry that it hasn't worked out. I hope that Poppy is home with you very soon, thanks to you she will have the life she deserves. Huge hugs xxx

Back