• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

.Poppy was pregnant UD Daisys gone

What truly awful situation for all involved :( I am so very sorry

I know the guilt that can be felt when losing a bunny during a routine neuter :( but you were doing your very best for them and just wanted to give them the best future. Thinking of you xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Really, really feel for you :cry: I hope that Poppy recovers well and lives a long and happy life with you xx

Binky free Daisy xxx

Thank you everyone :love:

Poppy is home now, she looks reasonably bright all things considered.

The vet said she has eaten but I haven't seen her eat yet. I'll feel more relaxed when I see her start munching.

Sorry that you lost Daisy. RIP Daisy.

Glad that Poppy is home. She may take a while to eat due to the ga. Lots of eating and pooing vibes to her and comforting vibes to you.

Im so sorry about Daisy :( how very sad :( :(
Glad Poppy is home ... hope you see her nomming soon xx

Last edited:
Oh my god Sarah I am so sorry to read this update :( you did absolutely nothing wrong, you just did what was best for your girls. I am so sorry you have been put in this situation. Biggest hugs x.

Thanks all.

Poppy has eaten a little apple and some coriander . No hay tho, does that sound ok?

She's done about 6 poos too x

Poppy sounds like she is recovering well. My Xena was speyed whilst she was pregnant, she only had a week left before giving birth. :cry: It was a mistake by the vets not to check that she wasn't pregnant, but they got her through it. She was perfectly fine afterwards, and I think it was for the best that she didn't have the kits as she was so skinny and showed absolutely no signs of pregnancy, so I wonder if she'd have even accepted the babies.

I am so sorry about Daisy. That is awful. She must have had something going on with her. :( Bunnies generally cope ok with GA unless they are poorly or have an underlying issue. Please do not feel guilty, having lost a bun during a dental, I completely understand how you can feel like it's your fault, but it isn't. She needed to be speyed, and it would have been unfair to keep her entire just because of the risk of a GA. There is no way you could have known that any of this would happen.

*Massive hugs*

So very sorry that you have lost Daisy. :cry: Sweet dreams little one. xx

Sending loads of vibes for Poppy and a big hug for you xx

Thank you so much, you are all lovely :love:

I'm a bit concerned that I haven't seen her drink yet and she hasn't had a wee. Should I be worried?

I'm so so sorry :( binky free daisy xxx

If poppy has eaten some herbs and apple she may have got some moisture from that and that may be why she's not drinking? Hope she recovers soon xx

I'm so sorry :(

If you're worried you could syringe a bit of water? My vet told me that I could add a very small amount of sugar free Ribena to water to make a bunny drink more when he was unwell, maybe that would help?

Thank you so much, you are all lovely :love:

I'm a bit concerned that I haven't seen her drink yet and she hasn't had a wee. Should I be worried?

Try not to worry.... she sounds like she is doing really well ... Shes eaten and poohed... that really good this early...
The rest will come xxx I would be happy with her if she were mine xx

Back