• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poorly bun :( **UPDATE**

Fluffy has just eaten a handful of parsley! But she seems to be breathing quite quickly again. I saw her drinking water earlier and she’s been for a hop around the front room. How long before the antibiotics kick in? I’m worried she’s still breathing quite quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say 24 - 48 hours.

Contact your vet tomorrow, call them and ask for advice.

I have found nebulising most helpful with respiratory infections.

I would say 24 - 48 hours.

Contact your vet tomorrow, call them and ask for advice.

I have found nebulising most helpful with respiratory infections.

He gave her an antibiotic injection yesterday at 2pm and she’s just had her 2nd dose of oral antibiotic. So 31 hours. I’ll ring them in the morning.

She’s eaten the parsley and had some critical care but I think she spat most of it out.

Wondering what else I can give her to tempt her to eat?

He gave her an antibiotic injection yesterday at 2pm and she’s just had her 2nd dose of oral antibiotic. So 31 hours. I’ll ring them in the morning.

She’s eaten the parsley and had some critical care but I think she spat most of it out.

Wondering what else I can give her to tempt her to eat?

Have you a garden? Some fresh picked grass or rose leaves?
Perhaps you could get some coriander or dill tomorrow, as herbs are often tasty :)

Also, a few dry porridge oats should be fine, and possibly will stimulate appetite.

Have you a garden? Some fresh picked grass or rose leaves?
Perhaps you could get some coriander or dill tomorrow, as herbs are often tasty :)

Also, a few dry porridge oats should be fine, and possibly will stimulate appetite.

I didn’t know they could have porridge oats? I didn’t think that would be good for them? We haven’t got a garden. I usually collect for her while I’m out but haven’t been far today trying to keep her eating [emoji849]. I’ll get some tomorrow.

I didn’t know they could have porridge oats? I didn’t think that would be good for them? We haven’t got a garden. I usually collect for her while I’m out but haven’t been far today trying to keep her eating [emoji849]. I’ll get some tomorrow.

They can have a small pinch of dry oats :)

I thought earlier you said you had a garden that she free ranged around in during the day?

They can have a small pinch of dry oats :)

I thought earlier you said you had a garden that she free ranged around in during the day?

It’s just a yard. I do grow grass in pots for her and the piggies but I haven’t got any at the moment

Update

So last night Fluffy’s breathing became quite rapid again. I took her to the vet this morning and he gave her another anti inflammatory injection. Got home and 2 hours later she died in my arms. I am heartbroken. Thank you all for your advice xx

Oh no, I’m so sorry you lost her :cry: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free Fluffy xx

So last night Fluffy’s breathing became quite rapid again. I took her to the vet this morning and he gave her another anti inflammatory injection. Got home and 2 hours later she died in my arms. I am heartbroken. Thank you all for your advice xx

How tragic, I am very sorry :cry:

RIP Fluffy x

Back