• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Firefly has nodular myxy (Arc bun) UD Good news!

The vet has diagnosed a corneal abscess, so he's put Firefly on tiacil (instead of fucithalmic) as well as metacam, and hopefully that will clear it. Will be 4/5 days before we know, as the myxy nodule beneath his eye is exacerbating the problem. The myxy itself is a mild case though, which is good. No other buns showing any sign and Firefly still eating well so it could be much worse...

The vet has diagnosed a corneal abscess, so he's put Firefly on tiacil (instead of fucithalmic) as well as metacam, and hopefully that will clear it. Will be 4/5 days before we know, as the myxy nodule beneath his eye is exacerbating the problem. The myxy itself is a mild case though, which is good. No other buns showing any sign and Firefly still eating well so it could be much worse...

Ouch poor lad :cry:

Sending lots more vibes for him and 'stay well' vibes for everyBun else

xx

Oh god poor little man, sending more vibes xx

Oh god poor little man, sending more vibes xx

Thank you. I put him on the back door mat while I prepared the evening feed, and he found his way back to his own hutch (up about 70ft of garden in complete darkness) and hopped in pretty smartish when I put his food in, so I'm thinking there's plenty of fight left in him! :wave:

Thank you. I put him on the back door mat while I prepared the evening feed, and he found his way back to his own hutch (up about 70ft of garden in complete darkness) and hopped in pretty smartish when I put his food in, so I'm thinking there's plenty of fight left in him! :wave:

Oh yeah definately, that sounds really positive :D He always did love his food though, not that you can tell :lol:

Firefly/Nodular Myxi

Hope Firefly pulls through!! We have just lost Scruffy to this awful condition - Coping with nodules was not too bad, unfortunately his respiratory system was affected and this compromised eating and drinking. What made it all the worse was the fact that we had him vaccinated every 6 months. I would like you to keep us informed on Fireflys progress, our thoughts are with him. Keep positive, we have heard about many Rabbits that pull through.

Hope Firefly pulls through!! We have just lost Scruffy to this awful condition - Coping with nodules was not too bad, unfortunately his respiratory system was affected and this compromised eating and drinking. What made it all the worse was the fact that we had him vaccinated every 6 months. I would like you to keep us informed on Fireflys progress, our thoughts are with him. Keep positive, we have heard about many Rabbits that pull through.

Thank you - really sorry to hear about poor Scruffy :cry: The vet thinks the myxy itsef is a very mild case and well controlled; the danger is that his eye will collapse and need to be removed - not good for an older bun. :( Am hoping that by tomorrow the infection will be more controlled...

His eye seem to be producing a lot more pus (milky) this morning - is that a good sign, ie that the tiacil is killing more of the bacteria, or bad? :?

I'd say it was good that the discharge is thinning. But then i'm no bunny expert. :oops:

Oh, and lots more vibes for Firefly x:wave:

It may be that his nasolacrimal duct is blocked aswell so his eye is 'draining' outwards.

Thin and watery but white is better than lumpy pus :)

It may be that his nasolacrimal duct is blocked aswell so his eye is 'draining' outwards.

Thin and watery but white is better than lumpy pus :)

Yes, the vet says his duct is probably blocked by the myxy nodule. Will the nodule fall off by itself or will it need lancing? How will I know when?

Back