• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Firefly has nodular myxy (Arc bun) UD Good news!

Thank you for your vibes everyone! He has to go back on Thursday as the vet is very worried about one of his eyes. The myxy symptoms don't seem too bad apart from that, although it's early days yet :cry:

Thank you for your vibes everyone! He has to go back on Thursday as the vet is very worried about one of his eyes. The myxy symptoms don't seem too bad apart from that, although it's early days yet :cry:

:cry: Poor boy, i can't believe how much myxi there is at the moment :cry:
Please give him a nose rub from me xx

Sending Vibes for a speedy recovery for Firefly. I hope your others remain ok xx

What is going on this year? :?

Hope he picks up soon Nicky.x

Perry was very quiet when he was poorly ,wouldn't lay with Kevin under my bed where they usually go,he spent the whole time out and sat in a corner of my room.

Hes picked up now though and is back to his naughty self!

Thank you all for your kind words! :wave:

Firefly's eye is still very poorly but his breathing seems fine and there's nothing wrong with his appetite, nor does he seem to be losing weight. He only seems to have two large nodules, one on his nose and the other under his infected eye. It's the eye that's the worry though, his cataract on that side has a thick layer of discharge that won't budge (sorry - gross! :oops:).

No other buns seem affected, touch wood, including his partner Foxglove.

Such a worry when they're ill :(

awww poor bunny :( The amount of myxi victims at the moment is scaring me.

Sending lots of vibes from me and the buns xx

I've been at work but still eating and vets appt first thing tomorrow. Eye is very painful-looking but possibly slightly open for the first time tonight. He has no sight in that eye, I'm sure (or much in the other with his cataracts) but a lot depends on whether he'll be able to retain his eye or whether it would need to be removed. He's an elderly bun :( But we'll take one day at a time for now, and thank you for asking! :wave:

Am glad he is still hanging in there. Just popped in to see how he was doing. Lots more vibes from me and my buns x :wave:

Back