• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poll- how much time do you spend caring for your buns??

How much time do you spend caring for your buns- not including play time.

• <Less than one hour per day

Votes: 27 39.1%
  • 1 hour daily

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • 2 hours daily

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • 3 hours daily

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • 4 hours daily

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 5 hours daily

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 6 hours daily

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 7 hours daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 hours daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 8 hours daily+

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
I hand wash vet bed aswell, otherwise I would have my washing machine concking out with hay in it, it gets intertwined in the fibres.

I wash all my bunny blankets in the washing machine, but I put then in a pillow case first and cable tie it shut so that the hay doesnt escape :D

I don't wash vetbed - can't really get it in the washing machine so just spray it with vinegar/water mix and leave it out to dry. I do wash towels and duvets though - give them a good brush or vacuum or shake, depending on what it is, and it's fine.

I reckon around 7 hrs a week just cleaning/feeding etc.
If I included supervision time for freeranging I'd be around 70 hrs a week.

For my 2, I think I spend about half an hour each day sorting/chopping/skewering their veg, topping up hay and water, and cleaning out the litter tray. Some days I sweep out the bottom level, as they have unlitter trained themselves in the past few months, so there are poops everywhere, and that takes a couple of extra minutes.

I also hand feed them half of their pellet allowance, but I don't include that as it's more for my benefit (they only pay me attention when I've got food :roll:) than theirs!

I clean them out properly once a week, which takes me anywhere between an 10 mins and an hour. It very much depends on the weather :lol:, but as an average I'd say about 30 mins, although 10 minutes of that is sneezing violently cos I'm allergic to hay! I get rid of all the hay and completely empty the litter tray, then fill it all back up again!

xxx

about an hour a day (putting them out/ bringing them in thier runs, feeding, water bottles)
Takes me about 3 hours to clean them every week though

Back