• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please think of Debbie (purplebumble) - Bertie going to the Bridge

:shock: oh my karen i knew you said lots of folks passing on vibes and hugs and more...but im soooo overwhelmed!!:oops:

first off thank you soooo much karen hunny..youve been a real star...a true friend....and berties now favourite visitor;) nothing to do with herbs or crunchies..theyre just a bonus.

OMg folks i cannot thank you ALL sooooo much for the lovely posts..im welled up reading them all!!

I think all the positive vibes on here...karens reiki session...and some unexpected miracle...has given my sweet old man a temporary reprieve:love: the vets were srprised but have warned me....it could for a few days a few weeks or maybe a few months.....but maybe even shorter..anytime......

But to give him a fighting chnace hes having the third alomycin LA jab on tuesday afternoon. hes still on spetrin 4ml once a day everyday for his remaining lifespan...and metacam twice a day and bisolvon powder and phenobarb twice a day.
He fights it to a point then sighs cos he knows theres some mint or basil or an apple as a reward and gives in. The one bit i hate is his ear drops twice a day...they make him go nuts and shaking his ears and digging at them is whats made him have fits the last few he had. The vet said that indeed the ear infection would be responsible for the seizures.

I am sooo drained and exhausted physically mentally and spiritually.......im a mess...went online last night to come here...but i had finished taking my meds and changing water bowls filling up food hay and cleaning out and refilling little bunnies upstairs. By 3.30am i fell into bed switched on my lappy but it had gone a little crazy on me...i was rebooting it for the second time and woke at around 5.30am with my face stuck to the keys..and had drooled down the touch pad..lovely!!! Tonight...well 12.25am saturday morning!! is the very first chance that i have had to get online. My lappys upstairs and ive been spending my time downstairs...as you can imagine.

I do not know how bertie could have gone from bunny unable to breathe and eat at same time and wheezing and snottling sounding like a suction pump crossed with some old bellows.

weve been giving him second chances when he shows us he wants more time...but the few days he was not bertie..he was a desperately old bunny with resp failure with no love of life..no appetite..except for some herbs....drinking and eating were painful and almost impossible..he was too exhausted to walk anywhere else but his bowl and tray to under the settee.

wed morning after medicating him he was in such a state. So there i was crying..yet again on phone with the vet then the nurse then the receptionist...then the pet crematorium..and back again. I could not understand why berties breathing sounded so quiet by the time karen came around!! she was unconvinced he was ready for bridge as he came out to greet her..took nom noms...played with the plastic spoons...anything to show us i think that hed changed his mind!
but still we expected him to start whheezing after a while..he only did his usual amount...

karen so kindly collected my mum bought her over to spend some time with bertie who still loves his nanny...and she loves him...very much. She really appreciated that karen and said what a lovely person you were.

well bluebell had been even more aggressive than usual....nearly shredded dylan...non of our cats ever go for her..theyre upset she hates them so much and are terrified normally but this..this was horrific....She then turned her aggression to myself and nikki....it was we thought from the stress wed all been dealing with linked to berties decline and impending bridge crossing.

But she let karen stroke her nose on way out. Later she seemed not quite right in her litter tray..laying oddly....then she lolloped across to bertie and fell..not flopped and lay against him rolling her eyes a little..oh fudge..a fit...but it wasnt..phew just she felt so awful. I finally got close to touch her and her ears were on fire....and she felt warmer..odd but true...across her head nose and ears get soo hot with her when she has a fever.

i picked her up out of the litter tray and she looked at me and just weakly ragdolled in my arms..it was horrible. Thats exactly what her sister did a few days before she died.

so rang vets..rang taxi...took bertie too in case she was pts....and had bertie checked at same time.

it was a vet wed not seen before and i got narked as an injection he gave bertie made him bleed...he made bluebells bottom sore where he couldnt get the thermometer just right and stay there.

afterwards i realised she must have really clenched and berties skin is frail...and this guy was doing his best.
He was very worried about bluebell..her fever was so high her ears and the fur on her ears were drenched with sweat. Her temp was higher than when she was admitted last!! more worringly...he could feel a mass in her tummy which he wasnt too sure about...but made a note of. Even he agreed how odd a coincedence it was that when she had the first lump she had regular bouts of inappetance and a high temp. And after ruth had surgically removed as much of the lumps "roots" as well as lump...bluebell never had another bout. Then recently i found another lump behind and to one side of the original surgery site. Ruth said it didnt seem to be bothering her and she wanted to leave it until it did as INFILTRATING FATTY LIPOMAS grow back all the time. Its exactly what merlin has around his GI TRACT and will be the death of him..as cannot operate on it.

so worried now that bluebells got her gi tract involved like merlin has. As soon as shes fully recovered i will take her to see ruth and perhaps get her tummy ultrasounded and xrayed like merlin did....to rule out suspected blockages...tumours..etc.

I hate myself but im here typing and suddenly had a chilling thought. Supposing bertie only improved to stay around until bluebells recovered and tested etc......and then he dies?:cry:

nikkis ME/FIBRO is a chronic condition which alters her health so badly now...a collapse 4 times a day or more can be common.....

i managed to push her wheelchair to taxi and back...even with achilles tendon prob...it was the asda migraine strength ibuprofen..numbed the pain to almost bearable!!

yesterday i had a sore throat...had to use crutches....not in the best of shape....still getting rid of infected bruising on my left legg..still on yet more antibiotics for it. But the days and nights of crying over and with bertie has weakened my resolve. It has been even more distressing because of my dad taking 4 and a half weeks in hospital to die of respiratory failure..he sounded like bertie trying to breathe. I had rung round funeral holmes a week before he died but we knew hed never be ok...doing this for bertie caused major flashbacks.

karen thank you for keeping me company and driving me to and from vets. like i said taxi would have cost me the same!!

berties been down our end of the lounge again...its adorable. bluebell joins him for a while but keeps going off on her own which she doesnt like to do for long normally. we thought it was a reaction to bertie when he was booked in to be pts.

dont know how things are going to pan out...but at least weve already had a lot longer time with him...on his terms.

i guess again he will tell us hes ready....and we will be ready to help him cross the bridge.

thank you all again for the wonderful vibes and hugs and best wishes etc...its really amazing xxxxx

:shock: oh my karen i knew you said lots of folks passing on vibes and hugs and more...but im soooo overwhelmed!!:oops:

first off thank you soooo much karen hunny..youve been a real star...a true friend....and berties now favourite visitor;) nothing to do with herbs or crunchies..theyre just a bonus.

OMg folks i cannot thank you ALL sooooo much for the lovely posts..im welled up reading them all!!

I think all the positive vibes on here...karens reiki session...and some unexpected miracle...has given my sweet old man a temporary reprieve:love: the vets were srprised but have warned me....it could for a few days a few weeks or maybe a few months.....but maybe even shorter..anytime......

But to give him a fighting chnace hes having the third alomycin LA jab on tuesday afternoon. hes still on spetrin 4ml once a day everyday for his remaining lifespan...and metacam twice a day and bisolvon powder and phenobarb twice a day.
He fights it to a point then sighs cos he knows theres some mint or basil or an apple as a reward and gives in. The one bit i hate is his ear drops twice a day...they make him go nuts and shaking his ears and digging at them is whats made him have fits the last few he had. The vet said that indeed the ear infection would be responsible for the seizures.

I am sooo drained and exhausted physically mentally and spiritually.......im a mess...went online last night to come here...but i had finished taking my meds and changing water bowls filling up food hay and cleaning out and refilling little bunnies upstairs. By 3.30am i fell into bed switched on my lappy but it had gone a little crazy on me...i was rebooting it for the second time and woke at around 5.30am with my face stuck to the keys..and had drooled down the touch pad..lovely!!! Tonight...well 12.25am saturday morning!! is the very first chance that i have had to get online. My lappys upstairs and ive been spending my time downstairs...as you can imagine.

I do not know how bertie could have gone from bunny unable to breathe and eat at same time and wheezing and snottling sounding like a suction pump crossed with some old bellows.

weve been giving him second chances when he shows us he wants more time...but the few days he was not bertie..he was a desperately old bunny with resp failure with no love of life..no appetite..except for some herbs....drinking and eating were painful and almost impossible..he was too exhausted to walk anywhere else but his bowl and tray to under the settee.

wed morning after medicating him he was in such a state. So there i was crying..yet again on phone with the vet then the nurse then the receptionist...then the pet crematorium..and back again. I could not understand why berties breathing sounded so quiet by the time karen came around!! she was unconvinced he was ready for bridge as he came out to greet her..took nom noms...played with the plastic spoons...anything to show us i think that hed changed his mind!
but still we expected him to start whheezing after a while..he only did his usual amount...

karen so kindly collected my mum bought her over to spend some time with bertie who still loves his nanny...and she loves him...very much. She really appreciated that karen and said what a lovely person you were.

well bluebell had been even more aggressive than usual....nearly shredded dylan...non of our cats ever go for her..theyre upset she hates them so much and are terrified normally but this..this was horrific....She then turned her aggression to myself and nikki....it was we thought from the stress wed all been dealing with linked to berties decline and impending bridge crossing.

But she let karen stroke her nose on way out. Later she seemed not quite right in her litter tray..laying oddly....then she lolloped across to bertie and fell..not flopped and lay against him rolling her eyes a little..oh fudge..a fit...but it wasnt..phew just she felt so awful. I finally got close to touch her and her ears were on fire....and she felt warmer..odd but true...across her head nose and ears get soo hot with her when she has a fever.

i picked her up out of the litter tray and she looked at me and just weakly ragdolled in my arms..it was horrible. Thats exactly what her sister did a few days before she died.

so rang vets..rang taxi...took bertie too in case she was pts....and had bertie checked at same time.

it was a vet wed not seen before and i got narked as an injection he gave bertie made him bleed...he made bluebells bottom sore where he couldnt get the thermometer just right and stay there.

afterwards i realised she must have really clenched and berties skin is frail...and this guy was doing his best.
He was very worried about bluebell..her fever was so high her ears and the fur on her ears were drenched with sweat. Her temp was higher than when she was admitted last!! more worringly...he could feel a mass in her tummy which he wasnt too sure about...but made a note of. Even he agreed how odd a coincedence it was that when she had the first lump she had regular bouts of inappetance and a high temp. And after ruth had surgically removed as much of the lumps "roots" as well as lump...bluebell never had another bout. Then recently i found another lump behind and to one side of the original surgery site. Ruth said it didnt seem to be bothering her and she wanted to leave it until it did as INFILTRATING FATTY LIPOMAS grow back all the time. Its exactly what merlin has around his GI TRACT and will be the death of him..as cannot operate on it.

so worried now that bluebells got her gi tract involved like merlin has. As soon as shes fully recovered i will take her to see ruth and perhaps get her tummy ultrasounded and xrayed like merlin did....to rule out suspected blockages...tumours..etc.

I hate myself but im here typing and suddenly had a chilling thought. Supposing bertie only improved to stay around until bluebells recovered and tested etc......and then he dies?:cry:

nikkis ME/FIBRO is a chronic condition which alters her health so badly now...a collapse 4 times a day or more can be common.....

i managed to push her wheelchair to taxi and back...even with achilles tendon prob...it was the asda migraine strength ibuprofen..numbed the pain to almost bearable!!

yesterday i had a sore throat...had to use crutches....not in the best of shape....still getting rid of infected bruising on my left legg..still on yet more antibiotics for it. But the days and nights of crying over and with bertie has weakened my resolve. It has been even more distressing because of my dad taking 4 and a half weeks in hospital to die of respiratory failure..he sounded like bertie trying to breathe. I had rung round funeral holmes a week before he died but we knew hed never be ok...doing this for bertie caused major flashbacks.

karen thank you for keeping me company and driving me to and from vets. like i said taxi would have cost me the same!!

berties been down our end of the lounge again...its adorable. bluebell joins him for a while but keeps going off on her own which she doesnt like to do for long normally. we thought it was a reaction to bertie when he was booked in to be pts.

dont know how things are going to pan out...but at least weve already had a lot longer time with him...on his terms.

i guess again he will tell us hes ready....and we will be ready to help him cross the bridge.

thank you all again for the wonderful vibes and hugs and best wishes etc...its really amazing xxxxx

Fantastic news.

Well done Bertie.:love::love::love::love:

As you say " he will tell us he's ready"

For now try to rest and restore your own energy. You've done a wonderful job already.:thumb:

xx

Back