• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please think of Debbie (purplebumble) - Bertie going to the Bridge

Have just text Debbie to let her know how many people are thinking of her.

Bertie is going to the Bridge tomorrow (26.1.12) between 10.00 am and noon (vet will confirm later). I must have misunderstood Debbie as I thought it was today:oops: He will be PTS at home and then taken in his carrier to the vets for the crematorium to pick him up. He is having a casket with a wooden carved bunny on top.

So, so sad.

Am going over shortly to say good-bye. Am taking some Basil and fenugreek crunchies in the hope that Bertie is still enjoying his noms.

Will pass on everyone's love and good wishes.

Oh no, I'm so sorry, poor Bertie :cry::cry:

I will be thinking of Debbie and her family, they must be heartbroken. Sending vibes for a peaceful passing for Bertie tomorrow.

What a very sad day this is :cry:

I've just got back from visiting Debbie.

Bertie was much, much better than I expected. He came out from under the sofa bed when he heard my voice and he loved the mint I had taken him. He didn't eat the crunchies initially but he did when I broke them up. I gave him strokes and nose rubs and told him everyone on RU was thinking of him - and told Debbie about all the messages of support she has on here.

Bertie even threw a toy around and Debbie and Nikki said he is the best he has been for a long time. I picked up Debbie's Mum and drove her to Debbies. She brought banana for Bertie - he loved that too.

We watched some videos of him when he was younger and all spent some time stroking him and talking to him and, although sad, it was also very lovely.

Debbie is going to ask the vet to check Bertie's lungs again tomorrow before he goes to the Bridge as his breathing did seem improved.

Bertie was much, much better than I expected. He came out from under the sofa bed when he heard my voice and he loved the mint I had taken him. He didn't eat the crunchies initially but he did when I broke them up. I gave him strokes and nose rubs and told him everyone on RU was thinking of him - and told Debbie about all the messages of support she has on here.

Bertie even threw a toy around and Debbie and Nikki said he is the best he has been for a long time. I picked up Debbie's Mum and drove her to Debbies. She brought banana for Bertie - he loved that too.

We watched some videos of him when he was younger and all spent some time stroking him and talking to him and, although sad, it was also very lovely.

Debbie is going to ask the vet to check Bertie's lungs again tomorrow before he goes to the Bridge as his breathing did seem improved.

Perhaps Bertie can stay on this earth a little longer!!!

Thinking of you all at this difficult time. x

It sounds like a lovely way to spend what could be Bertie's last afternoon.

I do so hope that his lungs have improved a little so he and Debbie can have some more time together.

You & Bertie are all very much in my thoughts & prayers Debs, I know how special he is to you all & how heartbreaking this must be for you :cry: Huge (((hugs))) to you all xxx

Debbie is really having a dreadful time at the moment.

She had to take Bluebell to the out of hours vet as she had a temperature and then Nikki collapsed in the taxi.

The good news is that Bertie is having a reprieve as his breathing has improved slightly.

Poor Debbie has such dreadful luck.

Prayers and vibes for this whole dear family. I can only hope things will improve for all concerned and miracles will ensue where needed. ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Back