• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please send vibes for my boy :o(

Ronnies been to the vets... he was acting all normal when he arrived there :roll: I swear they think im lying when i take him :( I put dandelion leaves in his carrier, he hasnt eaten anything all morning... when he got to the vets, she got him out of his carrier and he popped his head back in (we thought he was going to get back in!!) but noooo he got his dandelion leaf out and started eating it :roll: He did it last time too... they think hes so comical :/

Anyway... she agreed with the metacam i gave him, and has said to give it again tonight. She gave him metaclopramide to try and get his tummy working again. She said if hes no better to take him back in the morning. She did say that GI Stasis can be caused by hairballs in the belly.

Im currently sitting in the shed on the laptop so i can keep an eye on him :) Hes just sitting there still.... but at least i know he ate a little dandelion leaf at the vets so hes ate something

Thanks for all your vibes :) We appreicate them xXx

She did say that GI Stasis can be caused by hairballs in the belly.

I agree with this too, have found this myself during heavy moultings despite daily brushing of both my buns to prevent the other ingesting during allo-grooming.

Lots of vibes for your little man, just keep him eating as much as you can. Did she give him some fluids? If not, i'd have a go with some freshly washed and still wet leaves/veg or some cooled herbal tea by syringe (dependent on how stressful he finds it). Some fibreplex may also be helpful.
Hope he feels better soon. :)

Ronnies been to the vets... he was acting all normal when he arrived there :roll: I swear they think im lying when i take him :( I put dandelion leaves in his carrier, he hasnt eaten anything all morning... when he got to the vets, she got him out of his carrier and he popped his head back in (we thought he was going to get back in!!) but noooo he got his dandelion leaf out and started eating it :roll: He did it last time too... they think hes so comical :/

Anyway... she agreed with the metacam i gave him, and has said to give it again tonight. She gave him metaclopramide to try and get his tummy working again. She said if hes no better to take him back in the morning. She did say that GI Stasis can be caused by hairballs in the belly.

Im currently sitting in the shed on the laptop so i can keep an eye on him :) Hes just sitting there still.... but at least i know he ate a little dandelion leaf at the vets so hes ate something

Thanks for all your vibes :) We appreicate them xXx

Awww they like to keep us on our toes dont they? :lol: Glad he's eaten something :D x

She did try and get me to buy metacam and fiberplex but i have both at home ;) She said to syringe feed him tonight if he still hasnt eaten. Ive just tried offering him fenugreek crunchies and hes turning them down :( Lola, however, thinks all her birthdays have come at once :roll:

Yep! They DO like to keep us on our toes... ive still got buns indoors bonding so hope hes ok later as he cant really come inside. The vet did say to bring him inside :? I'll redo his snugglesafe later, give him extra blankets and hay in a box... and will have to hope for the best xXx

She did try and get me to buy metacam and fiberplex but i have both at home ;) She said to syringe feed him tonight if he still hasnt eaten. Ive just tried offering him fenugreek crunchies and hes turning them down :( Lola, however, thinks all her birthdays have come at once :roll:

Yep! They DO like to keep us on our toes... ive still got buns indoors bonding so hope hes ok later as he cant really come inside. The vet did say to bring him inside :? I'll redo his snugglesafe later, give him extra blankets and hay in a box... and will have to hope for the best xXx

Yeah I would start syringing him soon if he refuses to eat - need to get something in that tummy to push things along. Fluids will really help as well. When it is our male bun....we have to keep his wifey bun from literally eating the left over critical care off his face :roll: she can get quite aggressive over it...
How about some sheets/towels pinned up to stop draughts if he stays outside? Might help a little?
Hoping he gets his appetite up soon.

Yeah I would start syringing him soon if he refuses to eat - need to get something in that tummy to push things along. Fluids will really help as well. When it is our male bun....we have to keep his wifey bun from literally eating the left over critical care off his face :roll: she can get quite aggressive over it...
How about some sheets/towels pinned up to stop draughts if he stays outside? Might help a little?
Hoping he gets his appetite up soon.

Hmm she never mentioned fluids. I will try and syringe some water into him later. I may try and mix a bit of recovery up and put it in a bowl... see if he will eat it himself like that before syringing. Thanks for your help hun, i appreciate it xxxx

How is Ronnie now hun?
He looks so cute in the picture, his ears look huge tehe
Sending him vibes

Hmm she never mentioned fluids. I will try and syringe some water into him later. I may try and mix a bit of recovery up and put it in a bowl... see if he will eat it himself like that before syringing. Thanks for your help hun, i appreciate it xxxx

I find buns prefer flavoured water and have had far more success (i.e. less struggling!) with cooled herbal tea. Used to use camomile and spearmint or peppermint, until Jane suggested Fennel and Nettle and now we use this too! :D Make a mug, leave the bag in to steep for 5 mins and then take the t bag out and let the mug cool to room temp. My bun sometimes drinks it straight from the mug bless him when he is poorly. Fluids are always important with any type of bloat/stasis/ileus as the kidneys conserve fluid by drawing it back out of the intestines, and then any dried mass (ingesta) in the guts just gets drier and even harder to shift along, despite gut meds. :( Sub-cut fluids take a little while to work but do tide buns overnight. If he's still not eating this evening I would potentially consider asking for some more pain relief (Opiates) if he didn't have those by injection? and some sub-cut fluids. But you need to weigh up the stress levels of another vet trip :? Good luck though, thinking of your poorly bun and you. x

How is Ronnie now hun?
He looks so cute in the picture, his ears look huge tehe
Sending him vibes

Still no improvement hun :( Have been making him run round a little to try and get his gut moving... other than that hes still lying there on his side with his big swollen tummy :( Hes got hugeee ears :lol: Hes a conti giant :love: I wouldnt be without him, ever. He really is my baby.

I find buns prefer flavoured water and have had far more success (i.e. less struggling!) with cooled herbal tea. Used to use camomile and spearmint or peppermint, until Jane suggested Fennel and Nettle and now we use this too! :D Make a mug, leave the bag in to steep for 5 mins and then take the t bag out and let the mug cool to room temp. My bun sometimes drinks it straight from the mug bless him when he is poorly. Fluids are always important with any type of bloat/stasis/ileus as the kidneys conserve fluid by drawing it back out of the intestines, and then any dried mass (ingesta) in the guts just gets drier and even harder to shift along, despite gut meds. :( Sub-cut fluids take a little while to work but do tide buns overnight. If he's still not eating this evening I would potentially consider asking for some more pain relief (Opiates) if he didn't have those by injection? and some sub-cut fluids. But you need to weigh up the stress levels of another vet trip :? Good luck though, thinking of your poorly bun and you. x

Thank you so much for your help. I dont even have any pineapple juice or anything in :( Gah. Im a water drinker myself so we dont have squash or anything very often. Going to pop down the local shop now to get something for him... will look out for the teas you mentioned. Youve been a godsend with your advice. I cant thank you enough. Going to pop out now, but will update later xXx

Only just seen this Becky - Poor Ronnie :cry::cry::cry: Sending lots of vibes for your special boy & hugs for you.

Come on Ronnie get well for mummy sweetheart xxx

Becky, massive vibes for you big lad here. I hope he picks up soon the poor boy! I am sure you are doing everything you can.

massive hugs for you and Rons xxxxxxxxxx

Back