• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please send vibes for Ernie - He's come round and ok 8-)

UPDATE

I've found a vets that will do me and FNA and give me the results straight away, :D :D :D :D . Watch this space :lol: , I'm leaving work now so I can get him to the appointment on time. :D

Hey Tree,

Just caught up with all this.
What a time of it you've been having lately. I'm so sorry. :(

I think you are doing exactly the right thing by looking at your options & doing your homework on this, before you commit to a decision.
It's all so confusing, especially when you would assume that a vet should know best. Good small animal vets seem to be like gold dust.

At least you are on the case! Little Ernie's lucky to have such a caring Mum.

.....Hmmm.....Does the five-a-day fruit & veg plan work on piggies too? You know, the fact that certain veggies etc. have cancer fighting properties? I see that blackcurrants are the latest "super fruit". Can piggies eat them? :?

.......Good Lord, what am I on about? I'm no help at all! Talk about clutching at straws.
Ignore me! :oops:

Love & all our get well wishes to your tiny chap.
Stay positive, Misses.

xxx

That's excellent news, I hope you get a good result.

:lol: :lol: :lol: about the blackcurrants Sarah!

Thanks guys for all your support :D I couldn't get on last night, teher is a problem with my neighbours router :lol:

Well OMG, I went to Carmel vets in wolves which are a rcvs accredited small animal practice, because when I rang yesterday they said they could give me the results for the fna straight away.

I spoke to the vet and told her the situation the vet was ace, gave Ernie a thorough going over, but she said about the same as David at my own pratice. She said that although the lump doesn't stick out it goes back, so it's sticking in rather than out.

At first she wouldn't believe he was a boy, although his man bits proved he was, as she said she'd never seen anything like it in a boy pig. She took hin away for his FNA and come back and said the results would be five days. I was like "erm no, the point in me coing and paying fifty bloomin quid, was because I wanted the results before his op", otherwise there was no point in me even being there. She went away and came back and said she wasn't confident looking through the microscope, but another vet was going to do it and they would call with the results this morning. She said they would either say go straight ahead with the op as it's urgent or postpone the op while they sent the results to Cambridge veterinary something for further testing.

So I'm still no wiser, as I'm waiting for the phone call.

I notice I've a few pm's, got to do some work now, but I will pop on during the day and catch up and update freead thread :D

xSarahx said:
Hey Tree,

I think you are doing exactly the right thing by looking at your options & doing your homework on this, before you commit to a decision.
It's all so confusing, especially when you would assume that a vet should know best. Good small animal vets seem to be like gold dust.

.....Hmmm.....Does the five-a-day fruit & veg plan work on piggies too? You know, the fact that certain veggies etc. have cancer fighting properties? I see that blackcurrants are the latest "super fruit". Can piggies eat them? :?

.......Good Lord, what am I on about? I'm no help at all! Talk about clutching at straws.

Stay positive, Misses.

xxx

That sounds interesting, I never thought about that. I will drop you a mail. :D

xSarahx said:
Hey Tree,

Stay positive, Misses.

xxx

You May well be on to something there Mate, ''The Sarah P Cancer preventing bunny and piggie diet''!! Got a ring to it :wink:.

Hope Ernie is ok Tree :( xXx

:lol: It does doesn't it? Well he has normal veggie the same as I give the buns, like spring greens, carrots, celery that sort of thing. If he does have cancer from the fna results and I get the lump removed. I could then put him on the cancer conbating veg and it may slow down any more lumps that might occur in the future :D

Results inconclusive

The vet has called, the FNA was inconclusive, she said they've checked under the microscope and there was a lot of blood cells so it was difficult to see what was going on. She said they feel there is something going on as if it was a cyst or abscess there would be bacterial cells and there wasn't any. She said if it doesn't respond to the meds then yes they advise to go ahead with the operation. What a waste of money that was :lol:

I am going to go ahead with sugery as planned, poor ikkle Ernie :cry: .

I am so sorry to hear you are getting messed about by the stupid vets.

I am sure you baby will be fine after the operation.

Hugs!

Remember Tree;

ERNIE = SMALL MAN SYNDROME!

You can't keep this fella down! He's like Pancho from Dirty Sanchez! :wink:

x

Thanks guys, he's still the picture of health you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with him.

Very true Sarah :lol:

Back