• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please send vibes for Ernie - He's come round and ok 8-)

Well it looks like he has got cancer :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: , He said 90% of the time it is cancer is the mamory (sp?) glands. Mel wasn't there and it was the other vet David, but he said it was right to of put him on the baytrill and I've got to carry on with the .4ml for the week. I want to give him the best chance possible, so I said book all the threatments, so he's going in on Monday to have it removed and then it will be tested. It costing me £110 for all his treatment he is an expensive little piggie :lol: :lol:

Awww Tree I am sorry :(
We have both heard the dreaded 'C' word today in relation to our flufsters :cry:
It sounds as though Ernie is oblivious to it all and not feeling in the least bit poorly. So thats good news :D Will be sending positive vibes and wheeks his way from now on :D :D

Janex

Thanks guys, I'm not being stupid am I having him done? it's just he's not ill and he's happy, don't think it's his time just yet, I want to give him the best chance there is.

awwww tree, I had many ratties who got tumours and gave each and everyone of them a chance. You are not being silly getting him treated, you just want whats best for him and this shows what a great mummy you are to him :D yes, it can be expensive, but you can't put a price on a life :D

Poor Ernie :(

You're not being stupid at all....just a very good guinea Mum.

Good luck for Monday Ernie x

Sorry to read the news about Ernie. Sending lots of positive vibes to him for Monday and the results of the tests.

Have you had a look at

http://www.guinealynx.info/forums/

its a great source of information for piggie ailments and may be of help.

Wishing Ernie all the very very best.

Deb x

Ace thank you, I will have a read now, I must admit I know nothing other than the basics with piggies :D

Just caught up with this thread now....

I am so sorry Tree. Your not being stupid, it just shows what a great mummy you are to all of you babies.

Sending healing vibes and a hug to you.

Thanks guys, I feel a lot more positive now, I was feeling a bit cruel earlier, because when I watched one of my relatives die of cancer it was that terrible and such an evil desease I said if any of my animals had cancer I would not put them through any treatment, I would end it to be kind, but I've just given him his meds and he is bright and happy, so I could not take his life from him. I think he wants to live and that's what we'll do. :D

SOAD said:
Thanks guys, I'm not being stupid am I having him done? it's just he's not ill and he's happy, don't think it's his time just yet, I want to give him the best chance there is.

hi tree, sorry to come in on this late you must be a worried mummy :(
i wondered the very same thing when my dog tikki was diagnosed with hepatocutaneous syndrome. the vets said there was very little they could do and there was no cure for it. i chose to try homeopathy as it was the only option that i could see that would give him a chance, i am very very glad i did my precious boy is still with me :D
if you feel in your heart that it is not his time yet (and i know exactly what you mean) then do it, do whatever you feel will help the little guy. if surgery is what will give him a fighting chance, then that is what your heart will tell you to do! (that doesnt mean you wont be nervous though!)
if surgery would have helped tikki, you bet i would have given it a go!
healing vibes winging their way to you both xx

I think you are doing the right thing - one of my guineas, Bailey, was put to sleep last year with mammary cancer. I did not have him operated on due to his age (6) but definitely would have done if he had been younger. You are giving him every chance - will keep everything crossed for him and my girlies send many supportive wheeks!

Sarah

Back