• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please may I have some vibes for Scrappy. U/D doing much better

Awww what a brave girl. Hope she is back home soon.

Brace yourself....you might be on syringe duty again. Bib and towels at the ready. ;)

Thanks so much for the vibes everyone :wave:

Vets have just phoned. She's recovering well and I can go and pick her up at 5.30 this evening. Apparently she's eaten a little for herself but they've also been syringe feeding her. I'm hoping against hope that she'll carry on eating by herself once home but I've mentally prepared myself (and the bib!) for more syringe feeds.

I just really want her to get better and be back to her old self: dancing round the curtain, following me to the bathroom, head butting my stuff over and doing sneaky wees under the table which I keep treading in xx

lots of love and big (((((((( )))))))) hugs for you and Scrappy. that must of been a worry for you. all we want is the best for are bunny friends. give us an update when you get her home. Biscuit is still on the mend slowly, not eating a lot but he eating something which is good, it's such a nice day today i let his bunny friend out to run around the garden to let off some steam, as he has gotten his play mate back yet.

Scrappy is home!

I put a selection of pellets, fibafirst and some greens in front of her which she ignored at first. I though oh no! I will have to syringe feed :( I then gave her a bit of apple which she gobbled up. Still ignored everything else so I started to prepare the syringe (small bits of apple didn't seem enough nutrition wise). I went to check on her again and she's eaten a small plate of watercress and plantain so I've held off the syringe feed for the time being. Will keep monitoring her in the meantime.

lots of love and big (((((((( )))))))) hugs for you and Scrappy. that must of been a worry for you. all we want is the best for are bunny friends. give us an update when you get her home. Biscuit is still on the mend slowly, not eating a lot but he eating something which is good, it's such a nice day today i let his bunny friend out to run around the garden to let off some steam, as he has gotten his play mate back yet.

Thanks Rita. How is Biscuit doing? Really hope he's appetite is starting to come back a bit now.

so glad Scrappy is starting to eat. Biscuit has eaten his greens (i went foraging) which he loves. he's not eaten many pellets but so long as he's eating something.
i am going to try some Arnica to see if this will help with the swelling.

I've only just caught up with this thread. I'm so sorry Scrappy had to go back into surgery. I'm glad she is home now and eating a little. Sending lots of positive vibes your way, keep us updated! Xx

Rita....glad to hear Biscuit is eating a little! I was recommended aloe vera for the wound (the 'forever living' stuff is good). Unfortunately I didn't have much success as Winston won't be picked up and any I did get on him he licked straight off but it could be worth a shot to help with the swelling?

I am sorry Scrappy had to go back in for more surgery. I suspect she was not under anestesia as long as before so she will likely recover quicker. Sending extra vibes to you and Scrappy.

Just back from a follow up appointment with the vet. Good news is that the new stitches have held together and the wound itself isn't looking too bad.

She's still eating for herself, mainly just leafy greens. She had a fair amount of plantain last night. No interest in pellets or fibafirst, although from what I've read previously on here that tallies with other people's experiences. Her poos aren't fantastic, quite small and misshapen but the vet said that is to be expected given she's only really eating leafy greens. Since we got back she's been eating a bit of hay so hopefully she'll get more fibre in her system. We've also been given some fibreplex and some more zantac which should help.

She's been a bit more active this morning and had been running around a bit, albeit mainly running away from me which I'm not totally surprised about. Scrappy doesn't usually hold a grudge for long though so hopefully we'll be friends again soon.

Oh and she flopped this morning which was a pleasant surprise, wasn't expecting any of those for a while!

Thanks again everyone for all the vibes :wave:

I'm as pleased as punch! As Scrappy's appetite has started to perk up I thought I'd try one of my old tricks to get her to eat some more hay: mixing it with a bit of pureed apple. It's worked! She's currently shovelling loads of it into her gorgeous big gob :love: Obviously I'm only going to do this sparingly and in the short term - just enough to get us over this tricky period until her appetite's back to normal. I'm really hoping she's started to turn the corner now.

She's still munching on her hay! I think we're on course to her having eaten roughly a minimum of two thirds of her body size in hay by the end of today. That's more than I could have dared hope for considering even this morning she was still picking at her food. Drastic increase in poo volume as well. They're still quite small and dark but there are loads of them :thumb:

Back