• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help.

Bex09

Warren Scout
Awful as this is I have to face facts that due to changes in my work and financial issues, I just can't look after my rabbits anymore. I am devastated but have no other choice than to rehome them. Please don't judge me as I have given this so much thought and I am absolutely heartbroken. But I know that I can't be selfish and have to do what is best for them. Can anyone please advise as to how to go about finding them a loving new home? Am I best to post on here or ask a rescue to help?

I would ring round your local rescues but most will have waiting lists. Pm Soad and ask her to post them on RIN for you and upload them to RR yourself.

Can you post details of them here to get started?

I am near Warrington, but would obviously travel with them if it meant they would get a good home. Do you think it is best to approach rescues or rehome myself? I can keep them until they have somewhere safe to go as would obviously never let them come to any harm. Am aware of how busy rescues are though and feel awful taking up their valuable space. I can't stand the thought of them being in a rescue with nobody to love them for a long time.

I would suggest trying on here unless they are rescue rabbits, in which case they will need to go back to the rescue they came from.

If you do it yourself then you can home check yourself and see where they are going, get a feeling for the owner, etc. You are unlikely to get that if you go through a rescue.

Would long term fostering be an option until you could get on your feet?

It might be, but how would this work? Do you still have to pay for food, vets bills, etc whilst they are fostered? Also they really need the company of wife buns but I certainly couldn't take on another 2 rabbits. They are not bonded you see, was planning to do that before everything went wrong.

I was thinking out loud......:oops: I'm not sure how it would work but it may be worth asking the local rescues if Webbkath can point you in the direction of some.

You could maybe start by asking the Wirral RSPCA (think that covers as far as Chester area too) what your options could be as I am sure there are a lot of people in similar situations to you at the moment.

http://rspcawirral.piczo.com/?cr=5

I hope things will work out for you.

I was thinking out loud......:oops: I'm not sure how it would work but it may be worth asking the local rescues if Webbkath can point you in the direction of some.

You could maybe start by asking the Wirral RSPCA (think that covers as far as Chester area too) what your options could be as I am sure there are a lot of people in similar situations to you at the moment.

http://rspcawirral.piczo.com/?cr=5

I hope things will work out for you.

I have got a number from Kath so I will ask them about options. Thank you. I wish things would work out but I can't see it at the moment.

You could ask on here if anyone could foster for you and you could work out the arrangements privately. I made a post recently and people offered so generously to foster for me if the need arose, and for as long as I needed. People on here have very good hearts.

Back