• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help me! Pumpkin was killed today

Oh god, how awful!

Sounds like a fox to me too - a cat wouldnt've buried her.

So sorry for your loss, what an awful shock. :(

Bless.

I'm so sorry for your loss. So tragic.

When you feel the time is right, there are plenty of rescues on here who will help you find some little ones who would benefit from a good home or your local RSPCA. I am sure Pumpkin would approve knowing that you could give another rabbit a loving home.

I am so sorry to hear about poor Pumpkin :cry:
What a dreadful shock for you. :(

Sleep tight Pumpkin.

Foxes do bury part of their kill and no doubt it was a female fox with cubs somewhere.

I am so sad for you I really am as it's obvious Pumpkin was well loved by you all.

Run free Forever Pumpkin.

please help me!pumpkin was killed today

That would have been a FOX:shock:they always bite the heads off :evil:
The vixens have cubs now and they will be desperate for food which is why umpkin was half buried:cry:
So sorry for your loss:cry:A few years agi i lost my Tango to a vixen:shock:i have never forgiven myself for not prpotecting him or being able to save him so i know how awful you will be feeling:cry:
RIP PumpkinX

I'm so sorry :( It was definitely a fox, I had the identical experience several years ago - free range bunnies enjoying the garden, and they had their heads taken like that :( The problem with foxes is that you don't know you've got one until you find that you no longer have your beloved bunny :(

I did get more rabbits after that but they no longer free range in the garden and I always make sure their accommodation is very secure. Sadly it's impossible to tell if/when one will come back, so you have to make the assumption that they always need to be kept secure from them.

RIP beautiful Pumpkin, xxx

The same thing happened to me tonight...

Hi,

This is my first time on here as well and I have had the same thing happen to me today. My two rabbits, Dougal and Audrey, are kept in a shed while I am not at home but they have free range of the garden when I am here. I let them out for a while tonight and then saw a fox in the garden, I ran out straight away and scared it off but then I realised I couldnt find Audrey.

After a panicked few minutes, I finally found her in my next door neighbours garden. I am devastated as well. Is such a shocking and unexpected thing to happen and I now have Dougal all on his own in his shed.

So I really understand what you are going through.

I am so very sorry to hear about Pumpkin and the other buns killed by foxes, it is terribly sad :cry:
Urban foxes are incredibly brave now and will virtually come up to you and have no fear, so no small animals are safe free ranging, even in a built up area.
I even read in horror on here about them going into a RU members house through a window :(

rest in peace bunnies xxxx

please help.pumpkin was killed oday.

I am one of those unlucky members who gets a fox come into their house:cry:
I had to stop having houserabbits because i could not keep them safe as the fox went upstairs into my bedroom and attacked one of my bunnies:shock: who survived the attack although she was injured and had to have surgery:cry:
At this time of year when the cubs need feeding the vixens are bolder than ever:evil:
never leave your buns unattended or free range please keep them safe:)

So sorry for your losses, what an awful shock. I am horrified that foxes are brave enough to come in houses, I did not know they would do this.

Thank you everyone. i am overwhelmed by your support.

Nikki i am so so sorry to hear about Audrey and how awful for Dougal to now be left alone. It such an awfull thing to happen.

Like others have said at least she was loved and had a good life with you. You can be sure of that xxxx

I am sorry to hear of these bunnies being attacked by foxes. Everyone, Please do not let your bunnies free range whilst you are not in the garden. Its too sad to think of what will happen to them :cry:

Ufff... I#m getting really anxious.... I saw a fox in my garden a couple of days ago...
I think the hutch is secure but I am worried about the conection between the run and the hutch... :cry:

Back